Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-05-2022, 06:34 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Thursday 5pm here and it's been a nice day with a bit of sunshine, although it was freezing last night.Janna is out on her deliveries and I've just fed the birds. Today I went in the bus to the Wigram shopping mall, but no Post Shop there at all. I've been waiting for our local one here to open again, but despite a notice on the door saying they were due to reopen, they still haven't done so. it's getting ridiculous here in Christchurch, with a lot of our shops closed due to covid. I've got a wee parcel I've been wanting to post for ages now. , but may have to give it to Brenna to post, as she has a car and lives rural at Rolleston, so maybe she can find somewhere to post it.

I haven't been up to anything exciting over the past week - just continuing to clean out the back conservatory. It's slowly taking shape. We had some heavy rain on Monday night and the front conservatory started leaking AGAIN, but I was prepared this time and laid a brolly sheet down on the floor, so the carpet didn't get wet.

Dickens is OK and hasn't started any more fights. He bit one of my fingers badly again while I was trying to medicate him - talk about blood everywhere. It looks to be coming right, but I'll keep my eye on it. Hope that ear gel comes soon. Dickens still isn't eating much wet food but always looks for the dry food and especially the Temptations. He's still using his litter box OK though.

I've ordered a lovely water colour digital print of Willow online which includes her name. I'll get it framed and put it up on the lounge wall. As the maker lives in Sweden, it would never get here if he was to post it, but he will send me an online file in around 7-10 days and I'll just get it printed out at our local print centre (which also isn't open)

Mince and veges for tea tonight. Janna is going to bring a plate of tea down to my sister, whose husband had a total knee replacement this morning- he'll be in hospital for around 3 days. The surgeon told Mary that the operation went well. Mary has gone up to see him this afternoon, and I thought that at least she can look forward to a hot meal when she arrives home (not that my meals are great, but at least she won't have to turn around and cook something ).

PAMELA,I hope you had a great week off work last week. and managed to relax a bit. Did you enjoy your movie night last Friday ? Poor Barney with sore ears, I hope the vet got him sorted out and he's more comfortable now .I'm glad that you're going to leave his lumps alone. If they're not worrying him, then don't let them worry you. Let him just enjoy his life. I hope they both had a good wee holiday at the kennels ,but i bet they were pleased to get home again. Those tiny birds at your bird house must be lovely to watch. I do hope they build their nest in there. That would be thrilling. AND I'm so pleased that the wedding went well on Saturday and that both you and Steven enjoyed yourselves there. I bet you looked just as stunning as the bride in your new outfit. I was sorry to hear that your poor dad had to go back into hospital again.That infection certainly is persistent, but at least his doctors are watching him. I hope that he is well enough to travel to Bulgaria next week with his cousin. I know gym memberships are very expensive, so think carefully to make sure you are getting value for money, Pamela. I can see what you mean about the exercises that you can just do at home without the need for gym equipment., although at the gym, you would have people around you and your trainer on hand to keep you motivated.

SHELLEY, I do hope your back and Howard's knee are a little better now. .Physio can work wonders,so I hope Howard is feeling a little more comfortable after his physio visit. You may have to go yourself, Shelley, if your back continues to play up. How was your doll fair last Saturday. I'm sure it went well and you managed to find a few bargains. I believe the new Downton Abbey is playing here now. I loved the series when it was on TV, but will wait until this new one is out on DVD and I'll buy it. I hope you ,your son and his fiancee enjoyed it. Also, I hope Reuben is doing well and enjoyed his holiday at the van.

Well ladies, have a super Thursday. Must go and take the cats out on the back lawn now, then wait for my sister to ring me to tell me she's home.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs, bird and their guardians.