Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #1

Ronnies fur

hes not a long furred cat, so no matting. but hes got lumps of fur makes stroking him feel bumpy. been trying to groom him. but its like holding back the tide. getting hard work as hes not keen on being groomed. reggie washed constantly (obsessive almost) but ronnie hes a bit lazy. any advice. for the rufty tufty ron-ron

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #2

Re: Ronnies fur

Do you have a furminator? That might get the loose fur out, so it doesnt clump up? I know what it is like to groom a cat that doesnt like it. I use food as a way to tempt them near me with the brush!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #3

I agree with the Furminator, also a treat after he's let you groom him so he associates it with something pleasant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #4

ive got loads of brushes and combs. and its a 2 person job to brush sir. reggie loves it. ronnie well he sees the brush and hes off like a shot. as fast as his furry feet will go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
ive got loads of brushes and combs. and its a 2 person job to brush sir. reggie loves it. ronnie well he sees the brush and hes off like a shot. as fast as his furry feet will go.
I have to get my daughter to wrestle my two to the ground and then give them some treats whilst I brush