Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #1

Comparison sites elec/gas

Okay has anyne switched after using a comparison site for elec/gas in particular...think I have been a sucker acording to the "uswitch" site I can save £553 a YEAR
by switching to Britsh Gas...has anyone done this and is it right????????????

I never expected British Gas to come out top....but seems they do dual fuel (ie elec and gas I figure) and paperless billing (no trouble)

So has anyone done it???????????????

and

Did you have any hassle????????????????????

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #2

Re: Comparison sites elec/gas

We're with British Gas for both gas and electric, have been with them for years and had no problems but I see they have now announced their prices are going up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
31-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #3

We got a solid fuel rayburn put in at the end of last year, we had calor gas before that and it was extortionate. It does the cooking, hot water and heating, so we only use electricity for the lighting, electric fencing etc. It is a lot of work, because you have to get the wood, we cut it ourselves, and remember to fill it regularly, it also needs cleaning once a fortnight, but if we hadn't put it in we would have been in dire straits by now.
Having seen the news today about the price hikes, I am even more satisfied with our choice, also we burn mainly wood, which is much better for the environment.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #4

go to: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com He advises on all aspects of life and finance, such as which bank account, credit card, and also discusses utility bills.

He has a watch on energy prices at the moment too. I was looking at his website yesterday and he said all the price comparison sites haven't yet taken into account British Gas' price rise, so they come out cheaper when they're not.

Hope this helps! I'm about to start scanning all Scottish Powers different tarifs to see if I can save, or CAP!