Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #1

Brain Teasers

I found these on another website. Do not scroll down to the next post until you have answered the questions.

Q1) Imagine that you are in a boat, in the middle of the sea. Suddenly you are surrounded by hungry sharks, just waiting to feed on you. How can you put an end to this?

Q2) Sam's mother had 4 children in all. The first one was named May. The second and third were called June and July respectively. What was the fourth child's name?

Q3) You are driving some people around in a bus. Four people get in at the first stop and three get off. Seven people get off at the second stop and five get on. At the third stop, two get off and six more get on. What would you say is the color of the driver's eyes?

Q4) Is it legal for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?

Q5) A man and a son were driving home one rainy night. They had an accident. The father died on the spot. The people who were nearby took the son to the emergency room. The surgeon refused to operate on the boy, saying "I cannot operate on him, he's my son!" How is that possible?

Q6) A man wearing black clothes, black shoes and a black hat is walking down a street. The street lamps are all off. A black car, with its headlights off, comes speeding down the road, but screeches to a halt, just before hitting the man. How did the driver see the man?

Q7) I get wet while I dry. Who am I?

Q8 ) An airplane crashed into a field. Every single person in the aircraft died. But two people survived. How come?

Q9) Peacocks are birds that do not lay eggs. Then how do baby peacocks arrive into this world?

Q10) A man makes a claim that he can predict the exact score of every football game, before it begins. And he's always right. How's that possible?

Answers in next post

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #2

Re: Brain Teasers

Answers:

Q1) Stop imagining

Q2) Sam

Q3) Check the mirror. You were driving the bus, remember?

Q4) No because he is alive

Q5) The surgeon was his mother.

Q6) It was daytime.

Q7) A towel

Q8 ) They were married

Q9) The peahen lays the eggs

Q10) He says that the score before every football game begins is 0-0.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #3

lol, i got the first couple, they made sense if you thought about it, then i got lostfrom around Q6!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #4

Question 6 I assumed it was night, don't know whether you made that mistake lynz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #5

yes! that was it exactly! i thought q8 was that they were in the cockpit or something!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #6

I'm putting what I thought in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

Q1) Imagine that you are in a boat, in the middle of the sea. Suddenly you are surrounded by hungry sharks, just waiting to feed on you. How can you put an end to this?
Sink the boat

Q2) Sam's mother had 4 children in all. The first one was named May. The second and third were called June and July respectively. What was the fourth child's name?
August

Q3) You are driving some people around in a bus. Four people get in at the first stop and three get off. Seven people get off at the second stop and five get on. At the third stop, two get off and six more get on. What would you say is the color of the driver's eyes?
What's that got to do with anything? Haven't a clue.

Q4) Is it legal for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?
No (but not for the reason the answer gives - I thought he needed to be buried where he'd lived)

Q5) A man and a son were driving home one rainy night. They had an accident. The father died on the spot. The people who were nearby took the son to the emergency room. The surgeon refused to operate on the boy, saying "I cannot operate on him, he's my son!" How is that possible?
Thought he was a sperm donor or something so had fathered the child that way

Q6) A man wearing black clothes, black shoes and a black hat is walking down a street. The street lamps are all off. A black car, with its headlights off, comes speeding down the road, but screeches to a halt, just before hitting the man. How did the driver see the man?
The man was carrying a torch

Had not got a clue so skipped this one.

Q8 ) An airplane crashed into a field. Every single person in the aircraft died. But two people survived. How come?
Thought they were clinging on to the outside of the aircraft somehow

Q9) Peacocks are birds that do not lay eggs. Then how do baby peacocks arrive into this world?
Got this one right - said peahen

Q10) A man makes a claim that he can predict the exact score of every football game, before it begins. And he's always right. How's that possible?
My honest response was don't know don't care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

I said to myself start the boat engine and get outta there!

I said August to start with, but then realised this is the same question as in my other thread, so realised it was Sam.

I had no idea about this one, but tried adding and subtracting all the people!!!

I thought poor chap, I expect he could be buried wherever he wanted!

This one says "a son", so I thought the father and son weren't even related.

Actually got this one right!

Had no idea about this one at all!

Took me a while to realise the answer to this one could be right! I questioned the answer!

Didn't believe the question and got no further .....

Thought he might be a time traveller!
Good one RCR!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #8

Glad it was enjoyed