Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll's and Moggies
19-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #71

Re: Kitten prices

I know this is an old topic but I thought I would let you all know the re-homing regulations at the RSPCA branch I work for.

We will not re-home kittens to anyone with a child under the age of 2 years, simply because kittens scratch and can harm a child and also because little children don't know not to squeeze, smack etc. little cats. If an adopter has a child under 2 years then we will only re-home a cat over 1 year to them. Other then that children are no restriction.

We also do not mind about exisiting cats or dogs as long as they are happy and well cared for it's fine with us. We do ensure that all their existing animals are neutered as we do not want to be re-homing to 'backyard' breeders.

In terms of working we do not mind if you work full time, part time, retired or on benifits. With cats and dogs we ask that if you are on benifits then you must register with the PDSA simply because of how expensive vets bills can be in un-expected emergencies and we do not want adopter's to be in a situation where they cannot afford it and by registering the help is there if they ever need it.

We are quite flexible and always consider the animals best needs after all being in rescue is not very good for them.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 Domestic mixed breeds
onekidney is Male
14-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #72

Paid £20 for Tidus. Quite a lot of animals in the house we got him from, so were happy to pay it just to get him out

Cats owned: Tsega - Bengal. Orion - Bengal
20-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #73

I paid £100 for my bengal kitten. He was the runt of the litter and I have to pay extra to get his injections done as he was too little when the breeder took the others.

£100 for a moggie is unbelievable!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
20-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #74

I did a website for payment of one of my Maine Coon kittens ,
After a dog next, anyone want a website in return

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
now im talking about the moggie here. not pedigrees.
just some poor girl cat who got caught by the neighbourhood tom,
and they are asking 100 quid for them these are little black n white babies. but not a cross or anything. just some one whos greedy and hopes to make some money. just hope who ever it is they use some of the money to take their girl cat to the vets and get her spayed.
hey guess what her poor mummy cat was pregnant again.and shes selling the kittens again. that poor little girl cat.
the owners are out allday and i see her on the doorstep waiting for the owners to come home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #76

That is so sad boys mum. That poor little cat.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
06-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #77

got Chloe from the RSPCA, £50 for a BSH silver tab! and she'd been at the RSPCA 3 times!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #78

I have only ever paid for one cat out of all of mine over the years, whoops, not quite right, I also had 3 cats from the RSPCA but I dont really count that as payment for my cats as I recall it included speying in the cost. I have either been told of kittens wanting a good home, or a kitten has found me by being lost and brought to me. Just my last cat Maisie - she was advertised in the paper and was local and I paid £20 for her. I was quite shocked by the fact people were selling them actually, that was almost 3 years ago. Occasionally I still see free to good home but less and less. I think Maisie s Mum was allowed to have litter after litter, she was nt much older than one when I had Maisie so I hope they have stopped now. She was supposed to be wormed but she was full of fleas so I doubt it very much, if they could nt be bothered to flea her that they wormed her. I suppose £20 is fair enough in that if you pay something maybe you really do need to be after a kitten and just not have one on a whim. Jx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
11-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #79

A pet shop near to where i live (Chingford,essex) had a little black/white boy in their shop and they wanted a whopping £140 for him he was gorgeous but just a little moggie kit that they probably got free
When i asked the shop owner about him she said that they had 9 more due in for sale and some were fluffy so they would be even dearer
Thing is if people are prepared to pay that much for non pedigree kittens then it will encourage breeding

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
16-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
hey guess what her poor mummy cat was pregnant again.and shes selling the kittens again. that poor little girl cat.
the owners are out allday and i see her on the doorstep waiting for the owners to come home.
makes you feel like you want to do a bit of cat napping..