Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

Wednesday's bits

Morning all ...... bright and sunny here, clouds keep bubbling up and going away, bit of a breeze. Laundry today. Going to try and wash OH's waterproof trousers ...... mmmm, what fun I have!

Hit a bit of a snag with my lotus book so need a bit of thinking space so going to do something with rabbits in the moonlight this afternoon

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday's bits

Morning Angie, similar weather here today.
I'm off to find a stationers- missing the stationery cupboard at work! I need to find smiley face stickers for a workshop I'm running on Friday.
Smudge had another check-up yesterday- she does get cross in the car! We are hoping that we've got the right level of medication for her. She seems well and happy and the vet says that the hunting is a good sign that she is well and lively. However, I'm not sure that the pheasant chick I rescued from her would agree!
Madam is out hunting, Tolly is snoozing and Cleo iust sitting under my chair meaning I have to be very careful not to roll over her tail!
I hope Inky has returned home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #3

Hi Angie and CS, it's staying dry here this morning, very still though, not much washing to do, so a bit of a reprieve.

Ceri has a check up this morning at the doctor's, his annual stroke review (hope he doesn't get cross in the car CS )
He's not lost any weight so expect the nurse will tut a bit, he's mostly sedentary but we do try to walk him as much as possible. I've cut down on his biscuits etc.

Both cats are in funny moods, Pandora just attacked Pearla for no particular reason, then Pearla tried to scram my face as I walked past her on the cat tree. I guess I'm seen as the lower cat in the household- no-one attacks the master!

Sending out come home messages for Inky, wonder where he's gone off to ?

Rabbits in the moonlight sounds like it will make a lovely picture- very Watership Down

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #4

Happy Wednesday angieh, cats' staff,Posh Puss and all to follow. Great that the weather is fine for you all at the moment. Long may it last.It's been a wet ,dull old day here today but has cleared up a bit tonight. Rabbits in the moonlight sounds almost mystical, angieh. It brings to mind a hand made card I received from my daughter called" moonlight kittens" -showing 2 Birman? kittens set against a moonlit background. Good luck with that venture. Hope you find those stickers, cats' staff. Your cats seem to be enjoying their morning activities .Thank goodness you were able to rescue the wee chick. Hope Ceri gets on OK at his check up today Posh Puss.It's a good thing that you know your place in your household The cats are just reminding you of it, lest you should forget.

I too, have been thinking of Inky and praying that he returns home safely.

I'm off to bed now to read my book.Cats ,dog and bird have all been fed and cats(except Snodgrass) are curled up in their room. Snoddy and Willow both sleep with me in my room and are waiting patiently for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #5

Afternoon, a short day for me so I will be off to pick up the boys from school in 1/2 hour. Will put the sprinkler on the front garden when I get back as I have 2 relatively new and mature yew shrubs there plus some newly growing grass and baby box hedge and I don't want any of it to die.

My cats are in a funny mood too. A bit off their food and being picky/fussy when usually they just glug it all down. I put it down to heat/humidity but will be watching Myshka especially closely as I feel something's not quite as it should be.

The sun is shining so I can't wait to finish for the day, but need to get on with some stuff before then so TTFN

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #6

Thought I'd post this up here for your information.
24 years is a huge time to love a cat, bless them I bet they are feeling it very much

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27794411

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #7

I agree it is sad when a cat is part of your life for a long time it is like a massive hole that is irreplaceable I think

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning all ...... bright and sunny here, clouds keep bubbling up and going away, bit of a breeze. Laundry today. Going to try and wash OH's waterproof trousers ...... mmmm, what fun I have!

Hit a bit of a snag with my lotus book so need a bit of thinking space so going to do something with rabbits in the moonlight this afternoon

Have a good day all.

Rabbits in the moonlight even when taken in context your life makes me smile Angie...........Maybe your rabbits are awaiting this weekends summer solstice

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Morning Angie, similar weather here today.
I'm off to find a stationers- missing the stationery cupboard at work! I need to find smiley face stickers for a workshop I'm running on Friday.
Smudge had another check-up yesterday- she does get cross in the car! We are hoping that we've got the right level of medication for her. She seems well and happy and the vet says that the hunting is a good sign that she is well and lively. However, I'm not sure that the pheasant chick I rescued from her would agree!
Madam is out hunting, Tolly is snoozing and Cleo iust sitting under my chair meaning I have to be very careful not to roll over her tail!
I hope Inky has returned home.
Yes I agree cats - tails and chairs with wheels are a problem. But only to people the cats are indifferent the worries of tail care.

Hope you are looking out for supplies to stock your own cupboard from now on. What workshop are you going to run? and how is life self sufficient going?

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Hi Angie and CS, it's staying dry here this morning, very still though, not much washing to do, so a bit of a reprieve.

Ceri has a check up this morning at the doctor's, his annual stroke review (hope he doesn't get cross in the car CS )
He's not lost any weight so expect the nurse will tut a bit, he's mostly sedentary but we do try to walk him as much as possible. I've cut down on his biscuits etc.

Both cats are in funny moods, Pandora just attacked Pearla for no particular reason, then Pearla tried to scram my face as I walked past her on the cat tree. I guess I'm seen as the lower cat in the household- no-one attacks the master!

Sending out come home messages for Inky, wonder where he's gone off to ?

Rabbits in the moonlight sounds like it will make a lovely picture- very Watership Down
I think it maybe the weather causing the cat problem unless they are just being mardy. Watership Down that's what I was searching for - WELL DONE THAT WOMAN.

Hope Ceri's checkup was good, I have nerve tests tomorrow and then the heart monitor on Friday have been signed off work for another month but that is not a bad thing I do not think.