Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
30-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #1

Name change again.

Didnt feel right, was boys mum, then sadly reggies mum (for a short while) now im CathyW, my real name so how u do.??
i still miss my boys badly. miss ronnie in the morning hassling me to get on my lap for his cuddles. bit difficult when i was eating and taking tablets. but he was always a bit of a ninja cat he would just appear on my lap and id think how the heck did he do that i dont remember?? then every evening reggie would squeeze in between me n charlie for a cuddle off me. and when charlie went to bed he would flip himself over for a good old tummy tickle. he loved a tummy tickle. he would then get me to stroke his head by forcing his head in my hand. his favorite time of the day that was. he would sleep with me when i was ill. ronnie always slept on an item of my clothing id been wearing during the day. a jumper. or my dressing gown was his favorite. and after he went reggie started to do the same. i suppose it had his brothers smell on it. so that dressing gown didnt get washed for a few weeks. but he started to adopt ronnies habit of sleeping on my jumpers at night.
I miss my 2 lovely boys. i feel like a part of me is now missing
R.I.P my special babies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #2

Re: Name change again.

Well hello Cathy, nice to meet you.

Its sad isn't it when they are gone it will be 7 years this July since I was a "live in cat person" I miss them often and yet I know like you do they had a good life - can you see yourself with another cat or two in the future?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #3

Hi CathyW and welcome. I feel I can call you Cathy now and not feel I'm being cheeky! Very sad about the boys .... they were such characters.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #4

Good morning CathyW.Believe you me, I know how you feel and I wish there was something I could say that would bring you peace. Sadly, everyone who loves deeply has to go through the terrible pain of loss.In time, you will grieve less, but Ronnie and Reggie will forever be a huge part of your life, and that is as it should be. Surround yourself with good friends, beautiful things, do things that you enjoy, and above all, be kind to yourself at this time Cathy and in time you will feel more peaceful. Ronnie and Reggie are OK now, so hang on to that knowledge. I'm thinking of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #5

Hi Cathy, seems that you'll always be "boy's mum" to me, coz in the nicest way poss you had two of the baddest good boys in the world- Ronnie and Reggie, bless em. I'm sure there is another cat out there waiting to be mothered by you, not like your bad boys, but another soul who will thrive under your wing.

I'm still Poshpuss on here, it's Nette to anyone who want's to know and you can call me whatever you wish- PP is great too I keep the name as a token of affection to my first love Posh, the one who brought me to my fab company of friends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
31-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #6

not sure if i could go through the heart ache again. ill see about short term fostering. get cats used to a laid back dog. as ben just totally ignores cats. he learnt years ago sticking a cold wet nose up a cats nether regions gets u a whack on the snout. reggie used to lay on the arm of the chair and as ben walked past if he was too close to *his* mum. a paw would come out and bash the poor dog on the head. think bens probally enjoying a bit of peice n quiet. they did rule him, poor boy.
I bought Ben a huge bed. and ben loved it. so first week was fine ben slept in his bed. then 1 day ronnie was in it. so was ok they shared. 2nd day reggie was in it as well. poor Ben was on the floor looking very sad. so tried ejecting the cats. nope not going to move. so i said to them fine u 2 can have this enormous dog bed that a bull mastive can sleep in!!!! so we gave ben the sofa bed!!!! what happens. ronnie and reggie decide they dont want this bed after all now they are allowed!!. so now ive got a huge bed that the dog wont go near, and a bed that the cats dont want. (its now in the garden!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #7

It's memories like that will bring a smile to your face, poor Ben. At least he is master of the house again. Time to give him love and spoils and think about happy times. Bless you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #8

Poor you Cathy, it's a difficult time and I completely understand your reasons for wanting to change your online name. That's why I ended up settling for using my real name - I know it's not recommended, but I also I knew I'd find it difficult to share a username with a precious cat that was no longer with me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #9

Hi Cathy,
your story about poor Ben's basket being taken over made me smile.Your two boys were behaving like their twin counterparts, the krays, taking whatever suited them,lol.
PP, i hope you dont mind that i have been calling you Nette for a while now, it gets a bit confusing sometimes.
When i first got into computers i was always wary of using my real name but use it all the time now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Poor you Cathy, it's a difficult time and I completely understand your reasons for wanting to change your online name. That's why I ended up settling for using my real name - I know it's not recommended, but I also I knew I'd find it difficult to share a username with a precious cat that was no longer with me.
Ditto the above. I have always been Kazz...