Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
25-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #1

Looking advice

Yesterday i bought some organic Catnip. It was sitting on my chair with dog & cat treats in a new litter tray whilst i was packing stuff in the freezer. Mum was able to tell me the kittens were both in the litter box arguing over something. I dont think i will buy catnip again!

Anyway just before bedtime i noticed one of Ambers eyes half closed , it looked clear & didnt look in need of bathing etc

This morning she was sick - what i would call "acid" if the dogs did it, clear phlegm. Her pooh was a bit loose but not diarrhea & shes eating. However she is closing her eye. I bathed it in Saline this morning & will do so again tonight & if she is still closing it tomorrow she will be off to the vets

My query is, do you think the loose pooh (shes only did a pooh once from she got up) & sickness are related to her eye or two separate issues?

My inclination over her eye was to think Tim had caught her eye when they were arguing over the Catnip

Ive kept her indoors today & shes accepted it where normally she woukd be crying to get out. Makes me think shes a bit under the weather.

Outdoors is the utility room/back stairs & sun/plant room not actually outside

Any ideas anyone?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #2

Re: Looking advice

It may be coincidental ..... I would see how she is in the morning. Both mine love a little bit of catnip now and again, but have never had problems afterwards.

You may be right about her eye being caught by Tim.

If you are still worried about her in the morning, I'd phone the vet.