Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #11

Re: Urchin needs an injection!

Here at the Clan it takes 2 of us and about 15 mins as they will usually hide in one of the cat beds on the floor so we then just decant them

Also there is the good old cat trap decant to crusher version to but notusec that one for about 5 years since we moved house

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #12

Well it looks like I'll have to take Urchin in, Mike's arm is sore today so he has booked an appointment with the doc tomorrow because I assume he will need antibiotics and he needs his tetanus updated too, I think. I knew he would end up with an infection, I still can't believe how stupid he was! I'll know the next time to describe exactly what we are going to do before starting, I asked him why he just grabbed Urchin and he can't believe he did it either........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #13

Thanks Liz - it takes two of us to get a fairly well behaved cat into a cat carrier, let alone a crusher! Think we're generally too soft being Southerners you see!!!

Sorry about Mike's arm farthing. I can't believe I got off with no infection when Harley bit me. I can still see the marks though.

Catsey Senior

12-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #14

We are both soft southerners - I am from Kent and Oh is from Manchester!

Farthing offer still stands for crusher then no trauma again for him and you

Have to say we always keep our tetnus up to date as I have had cat scratch fever the swelling and AB's and its not nice and that was from a hand reared domestic who hates the vet!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #15

Ouch- hope everyone is OK. I have access to a suit of armour if that helps - though I suppose it might be missed......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
13-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Ouch! Good luck for the rematch.

Can you tell me how you get a difficult cat INTO the crusher?
I was pondering that too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
13-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #17

Well, Mike is feeling very sorry for himself, the infection was tracking up his arm, but after his doctor appointment yesterday he was given painkillers and antibiotics. I am very bad because I feel no sympathy because he was just stupid!
I caught Urchin this morning and got him in one of the wire, top opening cages, the vet and I put on gauntlets and he was jabbed, all very quick and relatively easy. Teaches me a lesson, and not to assume it will be less stressful for all concerned if done at home. I have to admit the vet was rather shocked at his wildness, he couldn't believe Urchin is living in the house. The thing is he is fine in the house, I can stroke him and at feeding time when he is focused on something else I can lift him up and carry him down the corridor. He is just scared and confused, I know he will settle even more in time, although I'm the only one who believes this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #18

Sorry about Mike's arm - hope the antibs stop the infection travelling.

Glad Urchin's jab was done relatively simply in the end, I have never "made friends" with a feral cat but as you've got this far with him, I am sure he will get better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #19

Glad it's over and done with. Poor thing, it's taking him so long to get less feral.... Hope Mike is OK today.

Catsey Senior

13-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #20

Now you know how they feel when doing some of mine - some pale in the face and start deep breathing