Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #11

Re: You know that niggling feeling...

Keeping Milly's weight down is an issue as she eats anything and everything, including the dogs food.
Hydrotherapy? It's hard enough clipping her claws, a chainmail suit would be needed for sure.

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #12

Updating on the fluffs.

Got Bernie into the vets today rather than waiting till tomorrow coz I'm just not happy about his weight loss etc. Anyhoo he has lost just over 100 grams in weight, so not as much as I'd feared. Teath are good, eyes are bright and no temperature. Because he had bloods done 6 months ago and everything was normal, apart from picking up on the begining of urinary tract disease but this should all be fine now as he is on a wet only diet, we dont want to run bloods again just yet. We are airing on the side that it is a digestive issue. He got a vitamin injection and some fortiflora to help with this. I have to take him back next week, hopefully with a urine sample, to see if he is putting any weight back on and we'll take things from there.

Milly's leg..... vet says that these op's should be ok provided the head of the femur was taken off and the remaining bone is left flat but often under xray the bone is jagged, so this may be one reason why she is in pain. For now we have decided to give her metacam and this will be reviewed again next week.

Was getting myself quite upset this morning as it is a year since Eva became ill and I couldnt stand the thought of losing any more of my babies. But hey, that's behind us now as all was not as bad as I had feared.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #13

Very relieved to hear the news, Elaine. Hope the metacam helps Milly and that Bernie will improve. Has it really been a year?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #14

Glad things are not as bad as feared Elaine. Can't believe it's a year ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #15

It's a year since she became ill, she was sadly pts in Feb.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #16

Glad all much better than you had feared. Obviously not a good time for you to be worrying about your guys but as you said not as bad as you imagined.

(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #17

Glad things are not too bad, Elaine. Lets hope Bernie stops loseing weight and puts a bit back on.
Hopefuly Milly's leg problem will ease soon.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #18

Pleased to hear things are not as bad as you feared, Elaine. I hope both Bernie and Millie start to improve very soon...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #19

Your lot don't do things by halves do they.
Hope all works out well, and yes I know the niggliing feeling.

My old Staff Gyp used to suffer after having had surgery when younger....she used to have a daily dose of glucosamine and chondroitin, with green lipped muscle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #20

I am glad it's not as bad as you thought; always wise to trust your instinct and take them in. I hope improvement happens soon for them.