Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: RUSSION BLUE
29-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #11

Re: Amputation right front leg

Mama Cat Day 5
Thank You All For The Responce To All My Post About Mama. She Still Under Her Day Bed Sleeping, She Is Eating Very Little And She Only Used The Sandbox One Time Today.
Mama Enjoyed Me Loving Up On Her Untill I Gave Her Medication, Then She Started To Get Upset, So I Left Her Along For The Rest Of Tonight. Over All Stitches Look Good No Swelling Are Sighns Of Infection. Am Starting To Calm Down Myself Am Glad To Hear That Others On This Site Can Relate To My Feelings Towards Mama I Dont Feel So Along Are Crazy. I Will Keep Everyone Posted On Mama .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
29-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #12

The fact that if you sress out she will sense it and if she can sense your not stressing so much she will calm herself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACY2FEATHERS
Mama Cat Day 5
Thank You All For The Responce To All My Post About Mama. She Still Under Her Day Bed Sleeping, She Is Eating Very Little And She Only Used The Sandbox One Time Today.
Mama Enjoyed Me Loving Up On Her Untill I Gave Her Medication, Then She Started To Get Upset, So I Left Her Along For The Rest Of Tonight. Over All Stitches Look Good No Swelling Are Sighns Of Infection. Am Starting To Calm Down Myself Am Glad To Hear That Others On This Site Can Relate To My Feelings Towards Mama I Dont Feel So Along Are Crazy. I Will Keep Everyone Posted On Mama .
We understand. We hurt along with our cats when they're hurt or ill, the bond is very strong. Hang in there, and do try to stay calm, as was said, they pick up so quickly on our feelings. If we could only explain that giving them their meds will make them better!!! (((hugs)))

30-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #14

Mama Cat Day 6
This Is The First Day I Look In On Mama Under Her Day Bed And I Can See She Is Getting Stronger. She Is Eating But I Still Have To Couch Her To Eat. Every Morning I Fix Her Royal Canin Soft Food . I Love And Pet Her Then She Will Eat For Me, Then I Give Her Medication, Then I Leave Her Along As She Gets Stress After I Give Medication, I Left Her Flap Open Under The Day Bed So She Can See The Light Of Day, She Has Been In The Dark Under The Bed Since She Came Home. She Seems To Be Ok With It. She Hasnt Been Having Any Bms So I Will Call The Vet Today And See What He Says About It

31-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #15

Mama Cat Day 6 Poop
Took Mama Off Her Medication For A Day, And She Had A B.m...so I Dont Have To Stress Her Out Today By Taking Her To The Vet. Mama Stiches From Surgery Looks Great And She Seems More Like Herself Today, I Feel She Will Be Coming Out From Under Her Bed Any Day Now.
The Vet Wonts Me To Start Her Back On Her Meds Today As It Is Important She Dont Get A Infection,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #16

Good news, so glad she's had a BM, doesn't need te vet trip and that the stitches look good! An improvement all around; maybe today will be the day she comes out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #17

Anymore news?

Cats owned: 2domestic shorthairs, 1 mainecoon
manecoon is Male
01-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #18

Tracey2
I am sorry for your cat and have great empathy for what you must be going through. My Leo had to have his front leg amputated on 1/4, and it has been a very difficult time ever since. For pain, I am using Traumeel drops which we found at a local vitamin shop. I know Leo is in pain and this helps him at least a little.
For all those who think this is a minor thing, let me tell you it is not. The incisions are terrible, recuperation is slow, and getting around on 3 legs is something they have to adjust to and it is very frustrating for them. Leo is 8 yo, so maybe it is easier for a much younger cat, but this is very difficult.
Your cat is about a week ahead of mine, any advice or if you just need an ear, let me know.