Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
19-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #1

Anyone online - sore eye

Hi folks

Wee Amber was outside in conservatory early evening with Timmy for couple hours - they do this most days, only difference is usually we check them every 30 mins or so to see if they want in, they usually dont!

Today we had friends to visit, so didn't check so often. Just noticed Amber working at one of her eyes & shes closing it. I dont see anything wrong, nothing sticking in it etc. Ive bathed it with luke warm saline. Is there anything else I could/should do? If its worse in morning i will give vet a call though as we are snow bound, a vet trip would be seriously dangerous.

I'll not annoy her again tonight with bathing. I do think its helped as shes lay down on one of the armchairs to dose & stopped working at it.

Can only think if they were playing roughly maybe Tim's paw caught her eye. They do tap each other with their paws

I would love to sit & cuddle her - but she wouldn't like it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #2

Re: Anyone online - sore eye

I hope it's OK, especially considering the weather and the hazards of a vet trip; I'd just keep an eye on it and f it doesn't seem to be weeping or irritated and she seems otherwise all right eating and toileting, I'd try not to worry .... although we do, don't we! Let us know in the morning how she's doing.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
19-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #3

Sounds exactly right, that it has been caught somehow but see how it s in the morning and if it still is doing the same then ring the vet. I hope it gets better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #4

I know this is 10 hours later but hopefully a nights rest will have helped the eye recover. My two spend a lot of time play fighting each other. The downside of this is they quite often have a sore eye, nothing serious but obviously been caught by the other somehow. Usually a bathe in saline solution and a day or two rest and they are fine.

How is it today? If no worse I'd bathe again. Obviously if you're really worried then even a phone call to vet for advice would maybe put your mind at rest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #5

I hope Amber's eye is OK now? The saline solution was just the thing ..... perhaps repeat until you can get to the vet if you're still worried.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #6

Much better thankfully. I'll keep up bathing anyway today. They were rough playing this morning so separated them fir a wee while. Tim sat swishing his tail in indignation but its just for today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #7

Looks like just a play injury then. Phew, they just love to worry us don't they?

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Looks like just a play injury then. Phew, they just love to worry us don't they?
I admit it, I worry