Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #1

Balderick the big

Balderick was originally our cat, well my cat, he and his sister Elspeth were brought for me as a birthdasy present, he a little bandy legged, snub nosed ginger tom kitten and she a dainty wee girl.
They lived happy for many years, until three years ago Elspeth had to be PTS thru liver failiure, after she had passed away Balderick was heart broke, he mourned himself almost to death!!!!!!!!!!
He craved feline company, but he wouldnt stand for a kitten and we couldnt take on an adult cat cause at the time our JRT was a puppy and our elderly staffie barely tolerated cats, so we were in a difficult position, when one of my aunts offered to give him a home she already had two cats both 10 at the time, Twinkle and Muncshkin.
So i made the decsion to let the old boy go and live at my aunts on a trial basis, to see if he were ahppier, in the end he was, he started eating went out and about, played he ahd a new lease on life, and my aunt loves him that extra bit, because of the snub face he has, he allways looks bemused
He is still my baby, and he still loves me today, so i thought i would share some pictures

Ballderick when he was tiny

Sprawled out kitten

Balderick at christmas, sorry about the flash happiness here!!!!!!

And finnaly a picture of the big lad asleep on my aunts bed taken yesterday afternoon

I havent mentioned he or Elspeth as he isnt at rainbow bridge, and Elspeth allways makes me sad as she was such a tiny thing and i can still see her little eyes as i said goodbye.......
Anyway hope you enjoyed the, pictures, sorry about the top 2 they are scans. Hopefully i will own a nice ginger tom again
Best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #2

Re: Balderick the big

Love the second pic..he was so cute as a kitten and has grown up into a gorgeous boy...

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
12-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #3

i must find the picture of him and Elspeth when they were kittens all those years ago curled up under a Lu-Lu one of our dobies, it was soooooo cute.
Thanks Pat, he is very sweet, and i just love his little snub face

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #4

Lovely pics Luke.....the kitten ones remind me so much of my Sam..

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #5

thanks Mags, the poor old man has the title from my aunts grandchildren as the thunder storm, as thats the noises he makes hwne they go near him.
It makes me laugh, they come in, he runs up the stairs and gets on top of my aunts four poster bed, if they do catch him on the offy, it all ends up in the TCP cream coming out of the medicine cabinet, he can be a mowdly fellow at times, but then he can be like an angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #6

I love ginger cats....he is so gorgeous Luke

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
12-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #7

i will have to get a picture of him on someones arms just to give you the full extent of his size, he is absoloutley ginormous, and i dare to say it, but he is bigger than the Maine Coons i have met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is almost as big as my aunts SBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Moderator

12-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #8

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
12-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I'm not joking Mags, he has got to be the biggest domestic cat i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!
he is roughly anout knee height, and i'm fairly tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Moderator

12-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #10

I quite believe you Luke.....I have seen some huge ginger toms...