Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Tuesday

Ive got a week off also, and have just come back from shopping in Liverpool... Its been a lovely day today, not got much planned for tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #12

Oh I envy those of you with primroses , no jackets and mild weather with sunshine!! It was supposed to warm up above freezing today, but not so far: only minus 6, heavy cloud cover and may sleet/snow before raining this afternoon! Winter is hanging tough..... Did my usual market run; Leia's napping on the radiator; no news.

Hope all the poorly people and cats feel much better .......oh yes, please chicken pics, Smudgley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #13

What a lovely afternoon today, sunny and quite warm. A complete contrast to this morning, the fog was about as thick as I've ever seen it. Some of the drivers were amazingly thick too! I couldn't believe the number of cars that didn't have headlights on, some had no lights on at all and one of those was a dark-coloured truck! there are some real idiots out there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
12-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #14

I took a group of young people to the tate in Liverpool today then onto the Beatles story which they all enjoyed. Come home and all my windows have gone in on the extension and the upstairs dormer and I am very pleased, they are coming back to fit the patio doors tomorrow, then the kitchen can go in etc (which is all the work completed by other people and the rest is down to us and Denis can chill out X
I have a stinking cold and a hacking cough (again!) thats the trouble of working with kids, you pick all their germs up...
Sorry there is no news on Onyx still DM

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #15

Thanks, BC; a month tomorrow she went missing....

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Thanks, BC; a month tomorrow she went missing....
Wow I honestly didn't realise it was that long..... I'm sorry i have nothing other than this hug to offer you at the moment...

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #17

And it's much appreciated! I miss little Onyx very much; she went from being a scared wary cat to a real cuddlebug; she wanted her fuss. If she saw me when it wasn't feeding time she'd come anyway just to be made over and told what a good cat she was........
I hope she has been taken in by people who will love her and taker care of her, and that she'll be an only cat.

And if the worst has happened, well, at least the last 14 months of her life were better: she learned that hands were for petting, not hurting, that being combed felt nice, that she could depend on two good meals every day, and that she was loved....

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
And it's much appreciated! I miss little Onyx very much; she went from being a scared wary cat to a real cuddlebug; she wanted her fuss. If she saw me when it wasn't feeding time she'd come anyway just to be made over and told what a good cat she was........
I hope she has been taken in by people who will love her and taker care of her, and that she'll be an only cat.

And if the worst has happened, well, at least the last 14 months of her life were better: she learned that hands were for petting, not hurting, that being combed felt nice, that she could depend on two good meals every day, and that she was loved....
You certiantly showed her all those things DM and made the last chapter of her life very very happy and settled X If she is elsewhere then you showed her that she could trust enough to belong to a family and be loved

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #19

BC - those are beautiful words. Exactly what I was thinking but struggling to say.

Eileen - I really feel for you over Onyx as she is a kitty we have got to know and love together with you. Keep thinking positive; please.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #20

Yes - always positive.
As I said earlier, given your circumstances, it was always written in the stars that you would be unlikely to know the end of Onyx' story. Not something you think of whilst she is making her daily visits and becoming more and more confident and affectionate. But now she's not visiting .... well, you can start thinking of where she is. There is the horrible ending, but you have no evidence of that so I think you should not dwell on it. There is the wonderful ending, that she became bold enough and you gave her sufficient confidence in humans again that she took up someone's offer to "come indoors" during the bad weather.
Maybe when the weather is better the new 'keepers' will allow her out again and she will come and visit. Let's keep fingers crossed that happens.
Whatever, she has had a much more pleasant time this last year or so than she would have had without you.