Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
29-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #1

Haggis!

I realise now that I hadn’t mentioned Haggis before this morning so I thought I’d better introduce him properly!
He was brought in one weekend when I was working-semi feral and had obviously had quite severe ‘flu in the past as the lids of his right eye were ‘fused’ together. (He’s since had surgery but his eye has been irreparably damaged-doesn’t seem to bother him though!)
The local cat’s protection and other independent cat charities were all bursting at the seams so it was decided that he could stay until a permanent home could be found for him. (He’ll be going up to Edinburgh with one of our vets next month where he’ll live with one of her friends)
He’s gradually become a lot tamer and more handable, he’s got such a loud purr now whenever he’s stroked! He was becoming slightly frustrated-I think due to being in a kennel for long periods, and was taking out the frustration on our fingers and hands.
We’ve turned one of our isolation units into a ‘Haggis playroom’- customised by vet nurse creations of play-houses made of cardboard boxes with holes cut out and lots of toys. He burns off his energy in there during the day and sits behind reception while it’s quiet.
I tried to get some pictures of him earlier this evening-not with much success though!

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #2

Re: Haggis!

Ok, here goes!

Hi there Catsey peeps!

[IMG]
[/IMG]

That flash is a bit bright!

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Making my escape

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #3

Just checking out the dental equipment!

[IMG]
[/IMG]

The 'Haggis playroom'

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #4

He's a lovely boy PL, I'm sure he'll be very happy in his new home next month..

Well done to you all for taking care of Haggis...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #5

Thanks for that story! Bless the little guy, glad he's going to find a forever home. Reminds me of the forum I was on before I found here; one of the vet nurses had such funny stories about the surgery cat, Tuppence. She'd been a former feral, a sassy, independent don't-mess-with-me cat who finally moved in and took over the staff lounge. Much loved, even though she was somewhat irascible until the day that cancer took her to the Bridge.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #6

Gorgeous boy, so nice he has been looked after, and has his own playroom....Hope he settles well in his new home...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #7

Thanks for introducing Haggis, PL! Did he get his name before he was destined to become a Scottish cat??? Or did his home come into being because he is called Haggis???

Hope he settles well. Bet he won't be as spoilt as he is with all the vets and vet nurses looking after him so.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #8

His new owners named him Haggis Angie, we'd named him Squirt
We'll really miss him when he goes, it's lovely to have a kitten to cuddle when the day's getting a bit stressful.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
30-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #9

awwww so cute!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #10

Haggis is gorgeous and I love his playroom. Well done to you all making his life so much better for him xxx