Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
22-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #11

Re: Stud persian wanted

Have you had your Persian tested for PKD? Most reputable breeders will insist on it.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-12-2005, 03:07 AM   #12

Re: Stud persian wanted

Hi Gemmy

As a breeder of Persians I know how difficult it can be getting a stud cat for your girl. Most studs are not for public use and it is just as hard to buy one. Firstly is your girl registered on the active register? You can find this out from the pink registration slip. If not you will not be able to breed from her unless you ask the breeder if they are willing to change it. Next you need to know the breed policy for your girl's colour as she may not be allowed to mate with certain colours. The best place to find this out would be a breed club for colour who would also be able to tell you of any possible breeders that could help but you may have to travel. The GCCF have a list of all clubs on their website with some having direct links. Your girl will have to have been tested for FIV AND FELV and you should also ask to see the stud cats current certificates, beware that they are only valid for three months. The PKD that was mentioned earlier is not usually asked for by breeders and at the moment the scanning scheme is not accurate enough, and I know this because of personal experience, and the DNA test is just becoming popular. I don't personally know any Smoke breeders but if I find out anything I will let you know. If you need anymore help or advice please p-mail me and I will try and help.