Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
17-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #1

A question about greasy coats and quiet clippers.

Hello All

Hope everyone is well. Billy is fine, eating well and has an opinion on everything as usual!

I've noticed recently that his coat has become greasy and he's picked up a few very small mats like he did this time last year. The mats are tiny as mum does a great job of grooming him (he wanders around in ecstasy when you get the brush out and I'm just not agile enough to keep up with him! ).

I would like to ask two questions:

1) Do any fellow Maine Coon/long haired owners have quiet clippers they could recommend to me? We have a comb with a button on the handle that also makes it a trimmer but it's not as good as clippers for tackling mats. I don't want to take him to the vet if I don't have to as he finds it incredibly stressful now after the visit in January and I can usually get him to do things for me that would freak him out at the vets because he's in the comfort of his own home and we go at his pace and stop when he's hand enough.

2) Has anyone with a cat on Fortekor or Vidalta noticed a greasy coat as a side effect of the medication? As I say he's responded to both medications really well in general and I was just wondering if it might explain his greasy coat.