Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #1

Mulberry Monday

Morning all not often I start a daily usually in bed with working nights.

However no work till tomorrow night. Plans today pay a bill, pop into Sutton and get agift voucher for a colleague at work who is leaving pop into work for the presentation.
Then home and continue with the decorating all stripped back to the plaster. Woodwork to clean down then prep, undercoat gloss, ceiling to emulsion, the maybe linning paper up today. So only the papering to do before I go away a week today..............

Homemade chicken curry tonight I think the weather calls for something warm but depends on how the decorating and everything goes.

Also planning a change around for the furniture............in the living room.

Hope everyone has a good day. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2

Re: Mulberry Monday

Last Bank Holiday until Christmas (sorry for the very early use of that word! I hear the cards are coming into the shops right now )

Yesterday I gained another great niece, my brother and his wife became grandparents for the first time and little Evie Elizabeth was safely born to their elder son and his wife.

You sound as though you're having a busy day Kazz, here we're just lolling!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
29-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #3

afternoon all!! was rudley woken early by the next door neighbours having a new back door fitted, so went back to bed for an hours cat nap just gonna go shower and go into town.

kazz, wish my oh could take a leaf out of your book, i've had paint in for months and nothing done with it!!

welcome evie elizabeth!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #4

How lovely to hear about a baby!

Afternoon all... Sudden day off here - I heard at 7pm last night about a family friend who had died the previous week and the funeral was today. He was seriously unwell in hospital, having suffered a stroke, so...

In the end I decided to take today off to go to the funeral. It's been quite a tough time for the family - they lost twin daughters of my age roughly five and three years ago respectively, so for the older two children and his wife it's been quite a time. One of those ones where I knew I'd 'feel wrong' if I didn't go, and with it being a three stage affair...

Of course, I knew the family through church, so it was a little like returning to the church when I was growing up as a child - plus lots of additions! Lots of 'how lovely to see you again! Sorry it's for such a sad reason though!' type conversations. Mind, one family had a new addition born over the weekend as well, so that was something nice to talk about, even if it did mean that there was some exhaustion in that family, having acted as birthing partners!

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #5

Hi all! A bit coolish this morning, only 21 C (69 F) when I got up! Warmed a bit now, nearing 11 am at 24 C, but cloudy. I'm a bit annoyed: got a robo call from Giant saying all grocery deliveries for today were cancelled because of the hurricane(!!), and to reschedule. Which I did, I suppose there still may be road problems in some areas, but not here in my neighborhood. So have to rearrange dinner menu! Bah! Other than that, no news. People are cleaning up from the storm, still many without power, and downed trees being cut up and carried away. Flooding subsided, leaving the usual mess.

Kazz, you ARE the Engergizer bunny! MrsH, I've had an e-mail already reminding me it's time to reorder C*******s cards!! lynz, annoying to be wakened too early, isn't it? Squirrel, sad about your friend, but nice to hear of a birth .....made me think of the song Turn, Turn, Turn.

Enjoy the last bank holiday of the Summer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #6

evening everyone, had a busy day tidying out teh garage today as we are getting a van to take the rubbish away on saturday. Went to my mums to pick up my car but ended p leaving it there as my dad has decided to take it for its MOT.

Kazz, how do you manage to be soo energetic??? Lynz, woken up early on a day off??? never good, Mrs H congrats on becoming a great aunt again Eileen, hope you manage to get your shopping delivered soon and that you dont run out of anything. Squirrel, so sorry to hear about your friend xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
29-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #7

sorry to hear about your family friend squirrel.

how annoying you had to re-arrange your grocery's eileen! you have enough food in??

just finished making a nice big pot of tomato and rice soup, have demolished a bowl already!! the rest will do my nicely for lunch the rest of the week!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #8

Oh plenty of food, lynz, not a problem; just a minor annoyance. Thanks for asking!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #9

Right just went and fetched fish and chips..... scrumptious been ages since we had that.