Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #1

grey sunday

Afternoon everyone

Hoping our American members are all safe and well whilst the hurricanes are hitting.

Today is the 1st anniversary of OH and I being owned by Harris!! This is the date that we first brought him to his new home from the CP. I think he knows its a special day as he was laying under the quilt this morning with me curled up in my arm sound asleep for well over an hour this morn. Usually hes only under for about 10-15mins!!!! Then he was constantly giving us his headbutt kisses!! Its also about a year now aswell that i first joined the forum!!

Both him and Skye have been soo affectionate since they have come round after we brought them home yesterday from the cattery. They seemed really well looked after in there so i have no problem trusting the cattery with them in October when we are away for a few days.

Got to go shopping today as we defrosted the fridge freezer yesterday as it badly needed it. So need to completely restock as all we have in is bread and milk and biscuits!! Then probably down to OHs folks for a visit.

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
28-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #2

Re: grey sunday

Afternoon Pamela, all... Happy bringing home day to Harris!

bit grey and breezy here. Knew it was windy from before getting up. Nothing like it will be for those members in the path of Hurricane Irene though... Thoughts with all of you - hope she blows out soon.

Hope the shopping goes well Pamela.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #3

Afternoon Pamela, Squirrel and those to come along later. Happy 1st Anniversary to Harris - hope you will be posting an Anniversary photo later Pamela!!

Blue sky here and white fluffy clouds, a bit breezy and we've had a couple of sharp showers. Just having lunch and then will peg towels out and hope they have a bit of a chance to dry and save some energy from not using the tumble dryer for too long!

Thoughts here are also with our American friends and hoping that they are safe. I'll feel relief when I see a post from Dandysmom.

Enjoy the bank holiday w/end folks!

Meant to say that it's Monty's six-month birthday today. Photos later!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #4

Around half a million homes and businesses are without electricity in Washington, I'm hoping Eileen is ok and coping.. ..... it must be such a frightening situation to be in. She usually comes online about 3.30pm so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there isn't a power outage in her area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #5

And here I am, alive and well, but tired! Couldn't sleep last night, the wind was howling and the rain just lashing at my big window; the noise was unnerving and I kept wondering if the glass would shatter. But it finally started to abate about 4 :30 am, and I dropped off a bit after 5, so got a few hours sleep.Leia seemed surprised and a bit pleased I was up, awake and turned the TV and computer on a few times to check as I was wide awake. Anyhow, it has blown over now, stopped raining and the wind, while still high, isn't as bad; sun predicted by noon or a bit later. And no power loss, thank God; that was worrying me. It was a bad storm, thousands without power in the City and over 200 trees down at last count. It's 22 C (72 F) now, just a little after 10:30.

I just got a message that my wireless keyboard batteries need replacing or it may turn itself off, so if I vanish that's the problem; I didn't know it needed batteries or where/how to replace ... calling Chris!!

Happy anniversaty to Harris and 6 month day to Monty!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #6

I've been looking at the News from USA too Mags - and crossing my fingers and hoping that Eileen (and others in her community) have power.

HOORAY! Cross-posted - off to read the News!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #7

Good to see you here Eileen and glad you managed your way safely through it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
28-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #8

It's good knowing that the worst is over with you Eileen, and that you survived intact.

Hope Chris is able to replace those batteries for you soon - and show you how to do it for yourself too. Joys of going wireless I guess.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #9

Right Eileen this is an order find out what needs batteries and how to change them and buy some stock.....imagine the panice if you had been fine but just out of contact due to batteries...................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #10

I remembered there was a manual (Chris set up everything for me); so looked up how to change batteries and voila! I'm OK again. Kazz, I always keep batteries on hand! When all else fails, consult the manual!