Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #1

Fall bulb ordering?

I've been getting my usual dozens of garden catalogues in the mail, & having great fun deciding what to put in this Fall. So far, have ordered an assortment of dwarf oriental lilies, blue anemone de caen (love that color), & more red emperor tulips to replace the ones the squirrel ate last season. Am sorely tempted to get an assortmet of pastel colored daylilies, but am running out of space to plant things...tiny yard, huge wish list! Have any of you ordered fall bulbs yet, ad if so, what?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #2

Re: Fall bulb ordering?

No ordered nothing yet I tend to buy from garden centres rather than mail order no idea why. Apart from I am like a kid in a sweet shop when I see bulbs I have to have,

I have planted up my 2ft dia tub with daffs and tulips. I intend to plant bulbs in most of my empty pots this year I have always said come spring - why didn't I do that so this year I will.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #3

I love looking at all the garden catalogues that come through the door.........I have a good look to see what there is then, like Kazz, I go to the Garden Centre to buy them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #4

I keep buying them in the garden centre then have difficulty trying to fit them in. Everytime I decide to plant some I keep digging up bulbs from earlier!
I think therefore that the idea of putting them in tubs is a good one. They'll look great just by the front door.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #5

We only have one smallish garden center here in NW Washington, & the selection is fairly limited: mostly the commonest and best selling stuff. The big garden centers are all way out in the suburbs...theoretically reachable by bus & subway, but at least a half-days time wasted on transportation & then having to lug everything back home the same way!! Even before the Internet, I ordered from catalogues beause of the larger selection & the ease of having it delivered to my door. Much easier now on line! Maybe I'll order those daylilies anyhow & squeeze them in somewhere..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #6

No bulbs - but my mail order 'late' strawberry plants arrived yesterday, so next year i should have a much longer cropping season - maybe all of June & July and into August - yum!

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2006, 02:38 AM   #7

Are we invited next year for strawberries and cream?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #8

Of course!