Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #11

Re: Really annoyed and angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
What an awful thing to happen! I'd have been livid as well. How on Earth did you manage to keep your temper on the phone?
Thanks all but I kept my temper with a great deal of difficulty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #12

That's utterly outrageous; don't blame you for being furious!! All your hard work and anticipation, and then that...!! I know that I myself was eagerly awaiting the results, & sure everyone else was too...darn shame!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #13

Oh Kazz How terribly annoying and disappointing I hope you gave them a piece of your mind

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Oh Kazz How terribly annoying and disappointing I hope you gave them a piece of your mind
Couldn't do that Fran I don't have enough mind for me, let alone enough to share

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #15

In the cool light of the following day, you should do the following Kazz
i) Contact the council department again and ask to speak to the manager of the department. Explain the situation. Ask them to come and take pictures.
ii) Ask for a leaflet on how to complain to your council. Take time to consider whether you will (may depend on how you get on over the next little while)
iii) Ask the name and contacts for the councillor responsible for this area of the council's work, and for details of the councillor for your area. Tell them both of the b***s up.
iv) Take some pics (with today's date on them) and keep them in case someone asks for them at some point in the future.
v) Remain angry but remain controlled whenever you are speaking to people (but I think you will know this from your job) - you have a perfectly reasonable complaint and they should welcome the opportunity to put things right.

Good luck - you should get a prize - you have worked so hard and your garden looks great.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #16

Sensible advice DM.

They rang this morning asking to be allowed to come and judge it as they had made a mistake. But I tell you I may be cutting my nose off to spit my face but they won't ever darken my doorstep let alone be allowed in my garden.

The competition was something to aim for when I was poorlier than I am now and this has taken the edge off so to speak. I don't want them anywhere near the garden and if I won I would feel it was a hollow victory. And if I lost I would feel they had alreayd decided adn just added me to the end to calm me down.

They can't win either way; but I am still angry and annoyed.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #17

mmm, you are cutting off your nose etc but that's fine ... it served the purpose whilst you were worried about your health.
What a pity - bet you would have won!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #18

We haven't seen the latest pics of your garden Kazz but.............

You are our Winner!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #19

Under the circumstances I would have told them no also! Probably not as nicely as you did however... Bad cess to them. Anyway, you do have the consolation of having made a stunnng garden, and you know you're a winner in our hearts! ((((Hugs))))