Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

I need to keep my big mouth shut.

Sigh.......Well I might be involved in a rescue of sorts today. I know CL is evil but I frequent it regularly...and today I saw an ad that said the following : "My husband rescued this feret from being drowned by it's owners. We know nothing about ferets, i am pregnant and can't take care of it, and my mother-in-law is allergic so this little guy needs a new home. Comes with three story cage, food bowl, and water bottle. I don't know how old it is but it is a small feret and i'm told it will stay that way. It is friendly and likes to play with people. Needs a new home asap."
So I call them and the mother in law answers the phone. Tells me they need this ferret OUT asap, her son brought it home but she cannot stand them and she won't allow it in the house. Someone was supposed to come by this afternoon and pick it up but she is skeptical because people off CL can be so flaky and she doesn't want any harm to come to him but they disgust her and they will have to set him outside if this person does not show up. I told her WAIT. If they don't show up STOP and call me FIRST. They thanked me and seemed a little surprised someone would feel so strongly about ferrets.
So I've done my part, if they don't call then I am going to assume he's safe in a new home and if they do call I will just get him and figure out the rest later. This area they are in is pretty remote, our friend lives there, and there are tons of coyotes and I don't really need another ferret but anything would be better than them setting him loose out there.
Sighhhh..we'll see what happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #2

Re: I need to keep my big mouth shut.

Well done Tink.
I can be very hard to wait but you have done all you can and hopefully the ferret will find a good home ( especially with you. ).
Sometime you have to let your heart rule you head- just be careful or you may end up as a ferret rescue centre.

Catsey Veteran

12-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #3

Ain't that the truth

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #4

Well done indeed That poor thing wouldn't survive outside especially if there are coyotes!!! Please let us know what happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #5

Hope everything goes well for the Ferret, let us know if you find out anything more. Whats CL Tink ?

Catsey Veteran

12-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #6

CraigsList

Catsey Veteran

12-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
CraigsList
Is this where unwanted pets are advertised?

Catsey Veteran

12-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #8

Well alot of things are advertised...pets, appliances, rentals, community events, you name it. It's kind of like a free classified that can be updated constantly online..you also find out alot about your community if you check your local craigslist.

Catsey Veteran

12-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #9

Thanks for the info Tink

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
13-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #10

Tink, I feel you! I'm forever rescuing small furries off of CL. Just pulled a bunny and a couple of prairie dogs and found them good homes. I try to stay away but somehow I always end up on that site!