Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-10-2023, 11:53 PM   #1

Rainy, cold Tuesday daily.

Good morning/evening ladies,
Tuesday 10:45am here and it's raining heavily, also cold, after we had such a lovely warm day yesterday. We've had weird weather lately. On Sunday, there were very high winds again and we lost a few more palings off the fences, as well as one of the big gates, which came crashing down onto the driveway. Met office were warning people not to drive on the roads over the weekend here in Christchurch and on the peninsula, so Oren couldn't come over and stay as it would have been a long drive for Jared to bring him. He was not happy about it at all, as we were going to watch the election together on Saturday night. Janna and I watched it on our own and we now have a new PM and a new governing party

I'm really cross because i think a parcel has been stolen from my front door. I bought Brenna a tee shirt on trademe. It wasn't expensive or anything, ,but it was so her - it had a picture of a vampire on the front and the words "100% Evil "on it. Anyway, the courier says it has been delivered, but it hasn't shown up. I was home all that day as well and you can't see our front door from the road. The seller will refund the payment but I don't want that .I JUST WANT THE TEE SHIRT !!! Unfortunately I can't get another one. I'm expecting another parcel to arrive today (something for Janna this time), so I'm keeping a very close watch in case the culprit returns. I believe people are following courier vans around now to try and steal any parcels that are left by the front door.

Janna worked last night until 2am this morning ,covering a conference and dinner. She finally came home around 3am and said it was terrible. The clients were all drunk,and were being sick all over the conference rooms, were abusive and fighting and the police had to be called. There were glasses smashed all over one of the auditoriums and everyone had to stay late and try and clean up the mess the clients left behind. I find that sort of behaviour disgusting. I bet they wouldn't act like that in their own homes.

On a better note, Jack and Vera, my two ducks, have returned for the summer. They were out on the lawn this morning and both look well. Two magpies came last night for some food as well as a huge big seagull. The wee sparrows don't fly down when the magpies or seagull are there, but they're not afraid of the ducks.

Tea tonight is satay chicken, if it thaws out in time Cats are all doing well, but really need grooming. I've got Sophie coming on 26th to do just that.

PAMELA,,ice on the bird bath isn't a good sign. Hopefully your winter will be a mild one. Personally I much prefer the cold to the heat. It sounds as if last week was a good one for you.,even though it must have been busy with your team and managers up from Birmingham. Did you enjoy your darts evening ? Crazy golf and dinner on Saturday night sounds a super combination. it was good that Steven went too. AND you must be so very proud of Robyn doing so well on her first training session and her mock assessment. Of course she would smash it. How could you have any doubt that she wouldn't ? That dog is a natural and she'll go as far as you're willing to take her, Pamela. I'm glad that you're also giving Mia a chance to shine as well., and I'm sure she'll make you proud too. Hope your cats are both OK and that your dad is keeping well.

SHELLEY, I suppose you'll be hard at work this week again. Did Chris have a good time staying with his brother.. and did you and Howard manage to go out on your date night ? I do hope so. I hope your doll stall went well the other day. I've still got that doll sitting here that I want to reborn. I have removed her head and arms/legs and will need to replace her soft body. I can't go any further at the moment as I need to strip her and repaint, but the heat set paints I need are very expensive. I gave the last of mine away when I stopped reborning and didn't think I'd take it up again. She's a sweet doll with a breathing mechanism inside her. If I decide not to do her, I'll give her away to someone who is a better reborner than me, to see what they can do with her. She's too good to just leave in pieces. I hope your dogs are doing OK as you, too, head into winter, and I hope your dad is also well and keeping warm. How is Reuben ? I often think of him and pray that he is happy.

Well ladies, my wee parcel for Janna has just arrived on the doorstep so I'll bring it in and wrap it all ready for xmas. I am not going to leave all my wrapping up until xmas eve like I usually do.I just want to have a nice relaxing xmas this year without a lot of fuss.

Have a magical Tuesday Pamela and Shelley and if at work, please don't work too hard.

PS I've just opened Janna's wee parcel - it's a Scentsy Buddy Clip of a bat that she can clip on her back pack. It's infused with the most heavenly scent of caramel apples. We all love bats here.