Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #11

Re: US petfood recall...Leia and Onyx

Eileen why not give your vet and ring and ask if he/she knows whats the reason for the recall and what sort of symptoms and timeline you should be looking at.

Might put your mind at rest sure the vet will get other calls the food you mention are obviously well used names.

I am sure your two will be fine. You do the best for your girls Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #12

Been trying off and on all afternoon, Kazz, the line is continuously busy...everyone else trying to get through, no doubt. The reason is that some animals have died of renal failure. The symptoms have been clearly listed, thank God mine show no signs, and have been eating these brands all along...as to timeline, that's one of the things I'm concerned about. If I still can't get thru, will e-mail them, although they're a bit slow at answering e-mails. So far, both Leia and Onyx are fine, but you can't help but worry..... Thanks, all, for your comments and sympathy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #13

Eileen - I will be hoping that any adverse reactions will have completely by-passed Leia and Onyx.

There must be SO many worried owners out there right now . . .

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #14

Yola, it's been featured in all the newspapers and all of our TV channels, not just one day but several days running! People are very upset, naturally. Both the girls seem fine, and as I've said before, have been eating these brands all along, so maybe mine weren't contaminated with whatever caused it..

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #15

After I posted this went to the kitchen to start dinner, and who should appear on the 6pm news on TV but a vet from Friendship Animal Hospital, where we go! She discussed everything but the timeline, but from the way she spoke it seemed as if no symptoms have appeared, all you had to do was watch them closely...which I've been doing, of course ! Feel much better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #16

So glad to hear that both girls seem to be fine, and I'm sure that will continue to be the case! ((hugs)) for you as I'm sure you have been very worried xx

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #17

I've indeed been worried, Alex, but all the kind comments here have made me feel a lot better,,,,thanks from me, Leia and Onyx!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
20-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #18

Alot of the brands that were recalled were done as a precaution, not because they had actually caused any sickness. So you can probably breathe a bit easier. I'm just not feeding any canned food until this is all cleared up

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #19

Onyx, my homeless stray, bless her will eat anything! Leia really prefers dry food, but I'm convinced that's why she had a bout of cystitis a month or so back, so prefer that she eats mostly moist, or dry moistened with gravy.....and she's picky! Very picky!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #20

I'm glad you feel able to exhale again now Eileen. What a worry. We do put a lot of trust in these manufacturers don't we? *goes off muttering about really must get to work on raw feeding. Just need a bone grinder!*