Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Monday

Morning all, dry and mild here this morning. Taking Tom for his orthodontist appointment this morning, then have a couple of errands to run this afternoon. Not much else planned.

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
14-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Monday

Morning all, Spain checking in. Patchy clouds but a very pleasant 12º to kick us off. Had a chewed up mouse to clear up this morning Thanks very much to Pepsi !

Got tons of busy admin jobs to do today, post office, bank oh and need some food too

Have a good day all !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #3

Morning all

Not a nice greeting Moofster
Fran I love your avatar, How are the little 'uns

Does anyone know how to dial Belfast form the uk??? The hotel page displays 44 28 9043 4065 and I can't get through and can't find anything on google thats of any help.... Hotel not recieving email either

Hope all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
14-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #4

Morning all
Nice and sunny here today,a little chilly but dry.was up early this morning,i just could not sleep,have got 2 loads of washing washed and dried and dogs have been walked so nothing much left to do untill the dogs afternoon walk.
hope you all have a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #5

BC - Belfast is in the UK so no need to dial a country code etc. All the numbers look to start with 02890, then XXX XXX. So you'll need to dial 02890 434 065 from the UK.

Yesterday we ended up going to Windsor. A brief walk in a VERY cold Great Park (where I saw 3 wild green parakeets hanging off a feeder in someones garden) swiftly led to us seeking shelter in a Carluccios for lunch . . . Mmmmm nice

Busy writing the copy for a new online bathroom store, and then at lunchtime we're off to view a Georgian house that has a separate office building within its grounds - will report back on that later

It was absolutely pouring earlier but now it's quite bright - very windy still! The car is about as filthy as it can be after all these muddy lanes I have to drive through to get to the office - roll on summertime!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #6

Dry for a while here. Hope it lasts till after the log man delivers and we get the load put away!
OH is back from Germany - he enjoyed his trip.
We have a guest for early supper then they're both off to a meeting this evening and back to kip. Good excuse/reason for a good clean and tidy up.
No news.
It's a year since Mini died. Funny thing, the passage of time. In some ways it feels a long long time ago, in that it feels lots has happened since; in another way it seems a bit like last month.
Have a good day - enjoy the dry weather if you have it.

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #7

20 minutes later - the log man has been and gone and I am hors de combat!
Went to get a couple of metal chairs off the decking, to put log-carrying baskets on at the start and end of the journey round the garden - to save strain on backs.
The deck is very slippery - of course, I knew that - I lost my footing and skidded down, literally to the deck. That would have been OK - soft landing etc, on the wood. Sadly I hit the chairs and table on the way down, so am hurt (top to bottom) top of head, left jaw, left boob/ribs, left wrist, left hip, left knee. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
So, am excuded log-shifting, and am here with a cuppa, wondering if I can face a soothing bath ..... but that tub is very slippy too, isn't it?
Ho hum, great day!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #8

Ouch DM, that sounds like a nasty tumble.. I wouldn't risk the bath unless you are sure you can get back out ok .............. do a practice step in and step out before you run the bath..

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #9

I'm OK Mags.
Had a bath and put arnica on the bits I could reach. Isn't there a bird called a blue boobie? That's me!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #10

I thought your were joking about the blue boobie bird but it appears you're right!!

http://www.geo.cornell.edu/geology/G.../BlueFoot.html

What we learn on Catsey!!