Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #1

Daily Thread.......Wednesday....

Morning all, Its dull and cold here this morning, hoping it will brighten up later...We are having a new boiler fitted today, fingers crossed he does it all in one day, don't mind having no heating, but hate not having hot water....
Got some housework to do, and dog walk later, thats about it for me...
Have a lovely day everybody....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
24-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread.......Wednesday....

Morning everyone,
Grey and cold here this morning, off into work early as one of our patients is off to a referral centre first thing-a naughty little terrier who trys to take the fingers off everyone but me! I'll have to go in to get her out of the kennel, poor girl has a pelvis fractured in 5 places, Ouch!
Then off into town for supplies to create our annual 'coping with fireworks' waiting room display, I'm feeling a bit more creative and adventurous this year!
Have a good day everyone,
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #3

It's a quiet, dull morning here - weather and house-wise.
No plans, so we'll see what the day brings

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #4

Hiya all.
Poor puppy PL, hope she's better soon. Some fools have started setting off fireworks around here already,
It's a dull old day but dry for now. Have to go out and get Bron's dried food from the wholesaler, have almost run out! I'm such a bad mum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #5

Well, a few steps back this morning with Sebi His nursery school teacher wasn't in so one of the others was standing in. He just wouldn't let go of me and howled pitifully when I left him. Poor babe.

We (all the parents) have a meeting this early evening with Dominik's form teacher and the head/deputy head as some parents have raised issues. The kids are only rising 5s and we're now not allowed to take them into their cloakrooms, we have to leave them outside (they go in on their own). Some parents have a problem with that. I don't have an issue, just wish they would have communicated that fact!!

The other issue is that, being an independent pre-prep school we had assumed the classes would be small. There are 18 children in his class . . . another local primary (state funded), has only 11 I think that's riled a few parents too. Still, we'll see - I hope it doesn't deteriorate into a shouting match as a few previous meetings have .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #6

Oh poor Sebi, and how distressing for you,Yola

18 in a class of five year olds, yikes, thats a handful. Surely they have assistants there too. Hope Dom likes his school though, makes all the difference if they enjoy going. I'm sure we were a big class in primary but we had great teachers and were in awe of them. Their word was law, but they were very fair and organised.

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #7

The ******! bolier man is not coming till tomorrow now , thats twice he has changed the day, he was supposed to be here on Monday!!!!
What is wrong with these tradesmen!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #8

Moli, that's infuriating!!! I would tell him to stuff it . . . that he's in breach of contract and you'll be getting someone else to do the job. Does it have to be done before you go away??

PP - Domi's been at the school since he was 2 . . . they start with pre-nursery (which Sebi's in at the moment) and continue up from there. The class size doesn't bother him, he's got all his little mates with him. And yes, they do have an assistant. Still, 9 kids per adult - 4 of the children don't have English as a 1st language - that's a lot when there is a big pressure on them as quite small children to continue with their phonics reading and learning their joined-up writing etc.

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #9

Moli, that's infuriating!!! I would tell him to stuff it . . . that he's in breach of contract and you'll be getting someone else to do the job. Does it have to be done before you go away??

my son and his girlfriend are animal sitting, so he could do it while we are away......If he does not turn up tomorrow will tell him to forget it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #10

Moli - Arghhhh, does it not just make you mad when they do that.

Yola - Hope the meeting is reasonably peaceful! Class size does seem a bit excessive for that age. Really want a little bit better ratio. My sisters school have 'solved' the size problem by creating what they call composite classes eg mixed years. Luckily my neices are quite bright and have remained in their own year class. One of her friends sons has not and he is starting to misbehave, teacher attributes it to lack of confidence in a class with mixed abilities and ages.

PP - get out there and get that food right now!! I did the same last week and don't you feel so guilty, as if you never do that for your own food.

PL - I hate this time of year for fireworks etc. start to stress about the cats being out, try to avoid the horror stories in the media etc. Hope the little dog recovers ok.

DM - Hi, hope your day brings something good.

Me - I'm waiting for new washing machine to arrive (hip hooray) then I'll be doing a huge backlog of washing, drying ironing yuk. Walk the dogs later and phone vet for Alfies results. Going to supermarket and pet store.

Have a good day everyone.

CM