Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
21-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #1

threads withering

why do some threads on here do better than others,am i that boring ??????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #2

Re: threads withering

Sadly I dont know but its not just you, it happens to all of us so please dont take it personally

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #3

Niki, no-one thinks you're boring at all..

I've looked through your threads, four in all asking for advice, and they have all had helpful responses including a link from Elaine. Your kitten is still very young at five months and is very playful......... your older cat is now 14 and does not have the energy of the kitten, at that age he/she would much prefer a more sedate life. Do you play with the kitten a lot?....... this would help it use up a lot of it's energy and take the pressure off the older cat.

Your last thread was asking for advice regarding spaying the kitten who is almost 6 months............again you have received good advice explaining the importance of having a kitten spayed at 5-6 months. To be perfectly honest, if another dozen or so members replied in that thread, they would all say the same, it is time to get her spayed which wouldl no doubt calm her down a bit.

Finally, as you may have read on Catsey, it takes a while for a new cat to be introduced into a home, it could take months not weeks .......also not all cats will get on together, although they will eventually tolerate each other.

Good luck, book her in for the spay and let us know how things go...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #4

Don't take offence at all threads just peter out some quicker than others....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #5

Sound advice above. Don't take it personally that the responses have been perhaps a bit less than you'd expected, please! Happens to all of us from time to time, veterans and newbies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #6

Yes, we are quite a small forum and not all members are "active"! It really is nothing personal.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
21-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #7

I should also add that it also depends on how the original thread is posted - if it seems rushed, or the poster hasn't bothered to start sentences with a capitol letter and end them with a a full stop (i.e. the most basic of grammar) then people may think to themselves 'well if they can't be bothered to show the minimum of courtesy to those reading the the thread, frankly I can't be bothered to reply'.

It's actually part of our posting guidelines - because we have a responsibility towards those with learning difficulties and poorly constructed posts make things much harder for them to read and understand.

At the end of the day it's personal choice - you'll find most people would rather not have to spend ages trying to read through a post, so I guess you reap what you sow.

Not saying this applies to you btw as I haven't read your threads, but just mentioning as I feel it is an important point.