Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #1

Frugal Friday.

Hi everyone,
It's actually Friday evening here and pouring with rain, as it has been all day.I went to the supermarket this morning and there was hardly anything on the shelves. I'm running low on cat food now and there's nothing available.Also no hand sanitizer or soap.Luckily I bought some hand made natural cleaning products online at the start of the week and they arrived today AND the lady included a free gift of a block of her peach and mango soap which smells absolutely delish.

Willow is still on her antibiotics and I mentioned that she was taking them fine. i spoke too soon. SHE AIN'T and I have to crush them in food and force them down her throat. Thank goodness she only has another 2 days of them because I'm afraid of getting bitten, she is so terrified. (Willow had been badly abused before I got her).

I do hope everyone is staying safe and if working, then I hope it is from home if possible.I believe the situation is bad in London and the UK and I'm thinking of you all and saying a special prayer every morning that you all remain safe from this horrible virus.I know we'll get through it but it is a really worrying time for everyone.My young son lives in Nottingham and so far, he's OK.

Hope all Catsey cats, dogs and rats are well and happy also.

Thinking of you all at this time.Hang in there guys. !!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #2

Re: Frugal Friday.

Good Morning Australia. LOL

Glad you only have two days left on the antibiotics front, and they help. Yes shops seem to be sold out worldwide I think. Panic is a scary thing.

Hope you are staying safe and well and same to everyone not doing much today simply pottering, almost everyone I speak to says they will be doing the garden so looks like show gardens are us will be the theme of the year LOL.

The news link showing Italy and the inside of the hospital and army wagons carrying the deceased was totally scary like a TV disaster movie it is so hard to comprehend I think.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #3

All good here so far - we have plentiful supplies - we haven't been hoarding but I bought lots of paper rolls online as these and anti-bac are important for us with old Myshka's random senile toileting.

Boys' schools have closed now and it looks as if it'll remain that way until September. Hard to comprehend that they will have missed all of the summer term.

The only thing I'm glad about is that we are coming into spring and summer and I won't have the cost of having the heating on all day with us all being home - with a tall old house to heat, that would really hurt.

Cats are completely unperturbed by us being here - sleeping as per usual, so all is good in their world.

Dinky - I sympathise with your medicating of Willow and can understand how she would become frightened. I hope things settle for her.

Kazz - I haven't thought about the garden at all yet. Too cold by far at the moment to even do the weeding.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #4

evening everyone,

Dinky, i hope Willow is a good girl for you nd takes her tablets nicely for you. Its heartbreaking when you know what they have been through before you got them. I am glad to hear that your son is ok even though he is here in the UK

Kazz, i hope you and Gert are staying safe.We have done the same with the garden!! Been out getting it looking nice fo the summer

Yola, our schools have closed as well now. Are you going to home School your boys? We are like you and havent been hoarding but we always have plenty in either the cupboards or freezer.

We have plenty in for the pets for now and the shops seem to have a bit more stock in the mornings so if we need anything we have been going then. I am also lucky that i can work from home now as can OH. thankfully we are in diferent rooms whilst working as it wouldnt work if we were in the same room!!

Take care everyone.