Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #1

Cheap Prom Dresses

Is there such a thing?

Anyone know of any good shops/websites? I havent a clue where to begin and my initial search on the internet is rather scary looking at the prices

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: Cheap Prom Dresses

I have ben in TK Maxx lately, and they have some lovely prom dresses I don't know if you have one anywhere near you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #3

I have NO idea, but from memory when OH's daughter did this 3 years ago it was a pricey exercise

A quick look brought up this site which isn't too badly priced to be honest http://www.beflirtydresses.com/acata...m-Dresses.html. Also factor in the handbag, shoes, hair, make up, transport (OH's daughter had a friend whose old man had a helicopter so they arranged to land on the school field ).

Not suggesting for a moment though that you rent something that flies but a limo contribution will probably be required

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #4

A quick look brought up these sites, Donna....

http://www.fashionright.com/dresses/prom.html/

http://www.theballgowncompany.co.uk/...id=1&Itemid=47

http://www.aspire-gowns.co.uk/specia...ion_gowns.html

Check out Debenhams Prom dresses too ........ unfortunately it wouldn't let me copy their link....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #5

Good luck Donna....I think the thing is to have wander round the shops...and see whats out there Katie fell in love with first dress she saw last year emerald green fitted long....suited her 6ft tall and dark hair and olive skin.....that was wait for it £170...not counting shoes, etc etc

This year its younger niece fashion guru Sophie...who has had her dress in mind since she was 11.....they are off to look this weekend....I ma picking up cost of hairdressers.....and shoes.
My Mo and Dad are picking up cost of limo share hire....its expensive....and she wants pictutres from when she wakes till she leaves....in limo....in a moment of jest her Dad my BIL suggest a red carpet and she saiod "Oh yes Dad"...sucker...Good luck....and bridal shows have prom dresses too....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #6

I would suggest ebay. What sort of price, colour, size are you looking for?

I know of a company that makes prom dresses (not in the UK) and they are very cheap but they also make wedding dresses and are quite busy, what is your timescale?? They do make bespoke dresses.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #7

My sister got prom dress from Debenhams, not too dear if I remember.

However, she later sold it on ebay for a fraction of the cost and said she wished she had thought about buying it there as most of the time they are only worn once.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: ginger/white cross
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #8

go onto ebay and look for a shop called 'Cherlone' they do the most amazin dresses.... i got my wedding dress from there.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Cherlo...286Q2ec0Q2em57

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #9

loads of Debehams "Debut" prom dresses on ebay. You could always buy one on there and add some more sparkle etc to it.

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #10

Donna I also have some nice Costume Jewellery if you want to borrow some (I am presuming this is for Emma) Just let me know and I can post some pictures up.