Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

Cat Hair

My BSH cream colour point has really started to shed fur for the first time as he is very young and I don't think that they shed when they are young. Can anybody recommend what brush I should be using on him the one that I have does not seem to do the trick!!

Many thanks

Abbi

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
03-04-2004, 10:35 PM   #2

Re: Cat Hair

I use one of those glove thingys on Cheetah and it works brill, especially cos you can shape it to the cats body.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #3

Oh yeah - nice idea - they would like that too as its like being stroked!

Cool - will look into getting one - think my mum has one?

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #4

u don't need to get a 'brand' one we got ours from a normal hardware store and its just the same!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2004, 03:50 PM   #5

Hope you don't mind me interrupting the Azz & Abbi show ....lol . Great banter anyway!
My moggie,Cassie, is also moulting a lot. In fact she sheds fur all year round. I regularly brush her (& use a glove) every day but she still brings up fur balls. Also, as she has been allowed on the furniture, we end up covered in 'mohair'! Is it usual to shed so much fur all year ? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #6

Hiya Maggs

My mum has a white persian and every time I go there I end up coming out looking like I have a white coat on! It's terrible the fur just sticks to everything!

We have a sticky roller for our clothes which really does the trick when your about the leave the house and want to look a bit more normal!

I am going to try a glove, Archie has cream hair and its almost as bad as the persian at the moment its everywhere!

Abbi

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #7

Hi Abbi
What a good idea, I'll have to get one of those rollers. I've been using sellotape to shift it for years ...think how much I'll save if I get a roller!
Thanks!

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
04-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #8

Maaaaaaaaaags! Nice of you to join in! I know Cassie probably wouldn't take to it, but how about giving her a bath? It'll mean you'll get rid of a great big bunch of hair at once! lol

I've noticed that Cheetahs hair is coming off quite a bit but I think partly due to me not being able to groom her since we've moved, as I don't know where the glove is lol

You say Cassies hair sheds all year round, but she doesn't look bald does she? lol She looks normal, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. I have heard that diet can cause excess shedding tho, perhaps try her on some JamesWellbeloved for a few weeks and see how it goes?

Abbiiiiii! (lol) (3 more posts to go?!)
Persians are HARD work, u have to groom them everyday for at least 10 mins or they get knots! But I bet your mums is stunning tho! (post some pix Abs!)

Sticky rollers are a good idea - Mags have you tried them?

Hey Abbi, when Archies down ur mums over easter, you can blame all the shedding on her Persian lol (cream-white probaly couldn't tell the diff! lol)

And Mags it's good to see u here! You'll have to catch up to Abbi and I to get the 'senior member' tag - it'll take 100 posts tho! lol

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2004, 04:36 PM   #9

Hey Azz!!!

Yeah will get some pix for her babies if I can and post them! But you know me with posting pix Azz!!!

I could not live without the sticky roller - it's good for the sofa too! But I use it every day just before I leave for work!

Yeah nice to see you here Maggs!

Abs

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
04-04-2004, 04:47 PM   #10

ur good with the pic posting now!

roller thingy - or get a Dyson Animal - they're good for picking up pet hairs.

Yeah Maaaaaaaaaags! good to have you here! Make a regular thing of it so we know you haven't forgotten about us