Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
31-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #1

Pip just had his first bath!

was just sitting, and all of a sudden i hear this splashy/thrashy noise. i went straight upstairs and when i get in the bathroom the floor around the toilet was all wet and what do i find, one wet kitten the only problem is i use bloo blocks down the toilet and obv i didnt want him licking it, so i had to bath him!
the only thing i had that i thought would be suitable was alberto balsam with tea tree, is this ok? he was only wet from waist down so i know none went in his eyes/mouth, but what if he licked himself before i get to him?
needless to say, toilet seat is down!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
31-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #2

Re: Pip just had his first bath!

cass half fell in the bath when she was a kitten,scrabbled out quick smart tho lol.she was walking round the edge,i was in the bath at the time,she fell in at the wall edge,hasnt come in the bathroom since lol.

she had a very wet back end and tail

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #3

Oh, that bit about balsam with tea tree is disturbing: tea tree oil is toxic to cats! I hope it's very diluted in what you used, lynz. Keep an eye on him.

Patches fell in the loo once whilst drinking from it ( a no-no!!!!!), but no damage as it was just plain water. One very wet, cross, embarrassed cat....

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #4

oh no! i thought that would be the safest thing! its a shampoo called alberto balsam and it was tea tree, dont think it would have a high concentrate of tea tree i will go check! i didnt use a lot and rinsed it well. the only other thing i had was shampoo for coloured hair and thought they would have phosphates in them.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #5

it has tea tree leaf extract and peppermint leaf extract in it, is this alright?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #6

Lynz, didn't mean to scare you! I did a Google search about Alberto Balsam shampoo with tea tree and didn't find any adverse reports as such. so sure the little guy will be OK as I'm sure you rinsed him afterwards. But here's some info about tea tree oil and cats that's good to know: a bit wordy But informative:

http://www.messybeast.com/teatree.htm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #7

I do hope little Pip is no worse for his adventure this morning.

When my Merlin as a young cat got covered in yukky oily stuff many years ago, I phoned the vet to ask what was best to use to clean him up. They recommended Swarfega and then a baby shampoo and lots of rinsing.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #8

hey, thanks dandysmom, i just worried a bit too much! yes he is absolutely fine today, nothing unusual! hoping he wont go in the bathroom again haha. the door doesnt close all the way over, it sticks, so the seat will remain down!