Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-05-2020, 07:41 AM   #1

Frantic Friday.

Hi Pamela, Shelley, Yola and all to follow.
Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks because I've had a bit of a disaster with one of my cats, Miracle, the blind one and the mother of the "kittens".Miracle has never been happy being an indoor cat and was constantly trying to get out.Well, she got her wish, unfortunately ,two weeks ago. I was bringing the washing in and she rushed out before I could stop her. and disappeared over the back fence. There's a few empty sections over there with long grass and she's been living over there, but runs from me and Janna when we try and catch her. She seems to have gone completely feral in the space of 2 weeks. She spits and hisses at us and won't come near for food or anything.I leave food and water out for her twice a day and she does come and get it but not while I'm close by.The neighbours all know her and she is microchipped so as long as she doesn't try and cross the road, she's reasonably safe where she is for the moment, but I'm going to try and trap her with a cat trap I've borrowed from the Cats Protection league.Janna and i are really upset and mystified by her behaviour. Miracle was part of a feral litter but was rescued when she was 3 days old so she wouldn't remember.She has never been afraid of us before, although she has always had a wild streak in her and was always trying to escape the house.I won't rest until I get her back and the CPL have suggested I sedate her with medication in her food if necessary which might make it easier to grab her.

Sorry to lay all that on you guys.On a better note, Willow and Damon and the remaining cats are all OK. Willow had another small seizure last week but came out of it and was fine afterwards, and Damon is talking and eating well again.

PAMELA,I bet you're going to enjoy your time off this weekend. Your car, well both of them, look absolutely stunning Well done you for making and painting them. Have you and Steven raced them yet? I see you're thinking of doing some OU classes. Wow, you will be busy., with your running and working and all.Do let me know when you decide on a class. I'd love to know what you choose.Hope Mia's leg is a bit better now and that the beautiful Barney is doing well.Let's hope the easing of the lockdowns goes safely for all of us.

Shelley,I'm so sorry about the passing of your friend, Freida, and my heart goes out to her husband. How lovely that your husband can spend time with him.You are lucky living close to a nature reserve and able to enjoy the wildlife around you. Sorry you didn't see the foxes the other day but i'm sure you will if you are patient. Do you still have the little birds land on you to be fed ? I'm glad you're loving the Christianity course.

YOLA, sorry about your knee. Constant pain is horrid. Let's hope it's starting to feel a bit better soon. Sounds as if Dexter is enjoying all the attention, snuggling up to you on the couch. Your tea sounded yummy and made me hungry just thinking about it.Hope you enjoyed it.

Well, stay safe everyone. Enjoy your nice weather and love to all Catsey kitties, dogs and birds.I promise I'll keep posting regularly again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

Re: Frantic Friday.

My goodness Dinky, that must be heartbreaking to be able to see Miracle but not be able to get close to her. I do hope you manage to get her home to you and Janna. It is good she has stayed within sight of the house and you are able to feed her. I do hope you manage to trap her.

So glad to hear that Willow and Damon are doing well and that Willows last seizure was only a small one and she is ok. Must be frightening to see them when they happen.

Iam still looking into the courses, not quite decided what i want to do. I have been caught up with different things so havent had a proper chance to look into it. With restrictions easing here a bit more on Thursday next week, i am hoping to be able to start running with my coach again but at a social distance which is fine as she is a lot quicker than me any way!!

Shelley, i hope you have a nice day today
Yola, i hope your knee is on the mend soon and you manage to catch up on some sleep

I am off on holiday today and i also get monday off as its a bank holiday. Hubby is off as well so will be nice to spend a couple of days with him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #3

Re: Frantic Friday.

Morning everyone, lovely to see Yola and Dinky posting.
Phoenix shared a photo too the other day.
Dinky, I'm so sorry about Miracle, I'm not sure about sedation as she may wander to the road ?
I hope you manage to catch her.
I'm pleased Damon has recovered.
Pamela I hope you enjoy your staycation
Yola, hope your knee is better soon, horrible when you can't sleep.
I'm returning to work a week on Monday to do some zoom communication sessions and preparation work.
Not happy in front of a camera but I know it's a good service to provide.
Was going to work from home but can work in isolation and all resources there.