Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #1

My weird family

Was chatting to Pat last night on the phone and we got talking about when people get older and just dont give a crap any more.
You know the funny sketches of old people telling others how it is and not caring how hurtful it may be...
Which got me talking about some of the stuff my mum does coz she's really getting like that these days. Which is probably where I get it from and am probably starting young

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few of the things my mum has done that made both Pat and myself cry with laughter.

My parents were in a posh shoe shop, the assistant walks over and says "Can I help you?", at which my mum turns her back and walks away.
My father appologises to the assistant and explains, "she's quite hard of hearing, you may have to speak up."
To which my mother turns round and very abruptly replies "I heard her just fine!"
I was mortified when my dad told me this but laughed at just how rude she can be, more from the shock of it I think.

Then there are the times when your parent share way too much info......

My sister and I are heading off to a garden centre, my mum insists on coming with us and sitting in the back of a 2 door corsa. This was before her hip replacement and her mobility was quite poor. Any way we get there and I have to pull her out of the back of the car, once out she says to me..
"You know Elaine, I just cannt open my legs these days, not at all like when I was 16 and they were never shut."
I almost ended myself with embarrasment and laughter.

Sunday morning I was at my parents house to wash my van, we had a brew and while we were chatting my mum says.."What colour was your poop this morning Elaine?"
Choking and spluttering on my tea, I asked "why on earth do you want to know that?" To which she began to describe hers to me, THIS I did NOT want to know, I just started laughing coz I couldnt believe that was the sunday morning topic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #2

Re: My weird family

You got me laughing again Lainey..........
One I remember, my sister went into get flights for her hubbys darts, instead of asking for dart flights, she asked for fart dites!!!!I just started laughing, and the whole shop joined in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

PMSL!!! Your mum sounds a right character Elaine, now we know where you get it from

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #4

That explains everything!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #5

It runs in families like wooden legs!