Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
16-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #1

Do you let your cats sleep on the bed?

I let Dylan have the oppertunity to sleep on the bed (he doesn't always want to but that's up to him)

Does anyone else willingly let their cat/s sleep on the bed?

I used to allow Beauty to sleep on the bed as well (she wouldn't stay on the bed all night, maybe it hurt her arthritis after a while?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #2

Re: Do you let your cats sleep on the bed?

reggie streches out flat on his back next to me.he likes his tummy tickles and nipple tickles. but 1 night i was asleep sort of and was happly tickiling what i thought was a nipple (it wasnt LOL) and when i put the light on reggie was laying there winking at me with 1 fang out ROFL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #3

All of my seven over the years have slept in the bed with me.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: a mix lol
16-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #4

In my case the cats let ME sleep on the bed.
Tinkebell is usually under it or on her radiator bed but Meeko is always on my bed.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
16-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #5

I'm with Charlilou on this one, the cats let ME sleep in the bed! Although there have been many occasions when the cats have spread themselves out on the bed just enough that my OH has had to sleep in the spare room.......he hates to move them or disturb them when they're sleeping comfortably LOL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlilou
In my case the cats let ME sleep on the bed.
It's not just me then! If we disturb them too much trying to get a bit of the duvet I swear I can hear a cat 'tut'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #7

And I'm sure yours do this too...when you get up to go to the loo they grab the warm spot!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-11-2008, 01:24 AM   #8

I'm probably one of the few who don't have the cats on the bed. There are various reasons (none of them related to hygiene, although with previous cats we ended up with fleas in the bed!!) I'm a light sleeper with a troubled sleep pattern mainly because of my rheumatoid arthritis and the slightest thing disturbs me, having cats on the bed would mean very little sleep for me I'm afraid. Also we have a lot of decorative dressing table glassware inherited from my mother, I can't risk the cats knocking any of it over so the bedroom is out of bounds I'm afraid.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
17-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #9

Oh yes - Holly lurcher on one side of the bed (I live alone) and then Rosie and Alfie have to fight it out for who gets the other side. Both of them as well as Holly is not an option as I wouldn't be able to turn over or move my legs

Regarding fleas - I have thought about this, particularly in the summer but I do hoover the bed regularly and spray it with an appropriate flea spray thing for household use. Then I leave the windows wide open and hoover it again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #10

Definitely! Myshka regularly sleeps on my pillow above my head and Balie on my legs/ankles. Turning over is a delicate operation as to dislodge a cat would mean a major bout of the sulks.

Fifi only rarely ventures onto the bed . . . when it's very, very cold. Although now that she's a lot stiffer she finds jumping up difficult.