Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #1

Family history

Does anyone do family history? how far back have you got?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #2

Re: Family history

if you taking pedigree which i know your not lol all the way back

family i gave up after 3 gen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
01-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #3

i have a family tree of a long, long line of Harris', Mcilroy's, Olmarauds and Williams
I found out a lot of ma history, and it was quite shocking

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #4

was it easy 2 do luke?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #5

fairly, mum did most of it on her PC and gathered various bits of info, parts of it especially on ma dads side is hazy as half of his family were Jewish so it was hard to gather their history due to obvious reasons, but most of it was easy enough she brought loads of geneology books though so that also helped i suppose
Best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #6

My mom has gone back miles. Seems like it anyway . Yes my mother who 2 years ago didn't even know what PC stood for. my mother who thought an e-mail got delivered via her printer (that's not a joke - I sent her an e-mail & she was waiting for it -- by the printer) well yes the very same lady - has all by herself, got a PC. worked out how to use it, joined genes reunited & bobs your uncle - knows all about her family back to the year (?) & even some history beyond that. She gets frustated with me as I have no interest whatsoever. It just doesn't interest me.

But to answer your Q Kazz - she has found out loads & as for was it easy - well I think if you are prepared to put the time in & go off here & there to check records etc - then I pressume it's not that hard to do. I know Genes reunited is where she gets a lot of info from as you can get in touch with people tracing certain names & exchange info. She has copies of all sorts of weird & wonderful documents & even recently took a holiday in chester to check out some things there. I know she will get snippets of info about certain people - then it all ties in with her research & fits together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #7

My mom has gone back miles. Seems like it anyway . Yes my mother who 2 years ago didn't even know what PC stood for. my mother who thought an e-mail got delivered via her printer (that's not a joke - I sent her an e-mail & she was waiting for it -- by the printer) well yes the very same lady - has all by herself, got a PC. worked out how to use it, joined genes reunited & bobs your uncle - knows all about her family back to the year (?) & even some history beyond that. She gets frustated with me as I have no interest whatsoever. It just doesn't interest me.

But to answer your Q Kazz - she has found out loads & as for was it easy - well I think if you are prepared to put the time in & go off here & there to check records etc - then I pressume it's not that hard to do. I know Genes reunited is where she gets a lot of info from as you can get in touch with people tracing certain names & exchange info. She has copies of all sorts of weird & wonderful documents & even recently took a holiday in chester to check out some things there. I know she will get snippets of info about certain people - then it all ties in with her research & fits together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Edit to add - what on earth is amp?????????????

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #8

Here goes
on my mother side
the Whadcocks back I think to the beggining of 1700
the Holts back to 1822 because I cant find Henry on the 1841 census to find his father and mother's name. I have hsi fathers on his wedding certificate but cant find his christenining.
the Baldwins back 10 1799
the Woods to 1796
the Cole's back to 1801
My fathers side the Burton back to 1845
the Fletchers back to 1845
the Lees to 1844
and the Bannisters back to 1846

I probably shouldn't do this (so no snitching to any family history forums) but if you need help I have the Cambridgshire, northamptonshire,shropshire and warwickshire 1841 census's on cd so if you have a name and town I am willing to look people in these area up. Oh and I have joined ancestry.co.uk and british origins so anyone want me to look anything up there just let me know. If anyone has done a Whadcock trace I am looking for Joseph Whadcock born Chilvers coton in 1826 but not to be found in the warwickshire 1841 census.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #9

Kazz - I've sent you a PM

Catsey Junior

02-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
i have a family tree of a long, long line of Harris', Mcilroy's, Olmarauds and Williams
I found out a lot of ma history, and it was quite shocking
my maiden name is williams we were from wales