Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #1

Choo-Choo Bear.

Here we are, finally. Sorry it took so long - had to wait for my friend to come over with his camera. On the upside, that means the pictures are higher quality.

We couldn't actually get him to stand on his feet for the pictures You pretty much only have to acknowledge his existence for him to roll onto his back and beg for tummy scratching!

That also means you can't really tell how messed-up his fur was. In some places you can see his fur look kind of stringy/clotted/messy - that's where he'd drooled on it immensely much in hopes of making the itching from the inflammation/irritation stop. It looks much worse if you can see him when he's standing up (which is also pretty much the only way you can tell how skinny he is) but he just isn't having any of it

Here you can see the clotted drool on his back...

That bit on his underbelly where the skin shines through the fur a bit was a lot more hairless when I first saw him - I reckon maybe it was a result somehow of the heat at the time, or a little hairless fold of skin got stretched, causing me to see it that way I really can't figure it out.

Streak of saliva on his side...

"My mousie!"

"I said mine!"

Gazing ponderingly at the ceiling...

Bless.

Close-up of his face. If you look at the base of his ear, you can see some weird fur poking out. I don't know how he managed that...
Love his eyes, though!

Upside-down chinscratchings.

That's me holding him, and you can see how small he is.

Something I don't understand is that the fur pretty much all over his body gets into various states of disarray (including doesn't-look-icky-but-is and looks-it-very-much), but the fur on his chest is just fluffy and soft. Is it because he has no real way of cleaning there?

Anyway... Hope you enjoyed. He's since been Frontlined, combed with a flea-comb and cleaned to a great extent with dry shampoo, and while he's better he's still drooling all over himself. I figure the vet said the steroids should work within 48 hours, so by tomorrow his skin should be sorted.

Very unpleasant sometimes, petting a cat when their fur is tacky and gritty, but the wash helped a lot with that, and hopefully he'll be better soon. I'll probably leave it alone until he feels better, then I'll give him another thorough comb-over and see where it takes us.

He makes more mess eating all on his own than all 3 of the others put together and he eats like a train - just rams his face into the bowl and plows through! This morning he ate a pouch of Whiskas catfood in the time it took me to brush my teeth.

To be honest, I'm amazed that he hasn't vomited at all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: Choo-Choo Bear.

He is beautiful Snoof and he looks such a softie!

The last pic is really great!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #3

Hes beautiful, and still has his tackle!! Most lovely handsome ginger, love him!
Dawn.

meant to say, looks a baby, maybe 10mths or so, not 18mths, but like you say, maybe he is just small and without the correct rearing could well be true. Jealous I am!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
10-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Hes beautiful, and still has his tackle!! Most lovely handsome ginger, love him!
Dawn.

meant to say, looks a baby, maybe 10mths or so, not 18mths, but like you say, maybe he is just small and without the correct rearing could well be true. Jealous I am!
CPL voucher on the way, and today I went and pointed out to his previous owners that they'd promised to cough up the extra today*. Sorted!

He does look tiny, doesn't he? He has his adult teeth, but given all the stuff I know they didn't do for him (like worming!) I really don't know. You'll have to come visit sometime

*Canis-Equus has reminded me that maybe sitting in their lounge pointedly discussing all his health issues doesn't count the same way as saying "You promised to cough up the money."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #5

Ah, he is lovely Snoof. Great piccies!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #6

what a cracker he`s beautiful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #7

Bless him, what a little cutie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
CPL voucher on the way, and today I went and pointed out to his previous owners that they'd promised to cough up the extra today*. Sorted!

He does look tiny, doesn't he? He has his adult teeth, but given all the stuff I know they didn't do for him (like worming!) I really don't know. You'll have to come visit sometime

*Canis-Equus has reminded me that maybe sitting in their lounge pointedly discussing all his health issues doesn't count the same way as saying "You promised to cough up the money."
I tell you what, if I am ever up that way I WILL visit, he really is lovely. The CPL are good like that, no excuse for anyone having left pet Cats uneutered.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I tell you what, if I am ever up that way I WILL visit, he really is lovely. The CPL are good like that, no excuse for anyone having left pet Cats uneutered.
Dawn.
Dawn we'll go up together he is stunning really really lovely. Now for him I could open my heart so could Cleo.

Eating like that is a sign he hasn't been "fed" properly maybe scraps or maybe food was put down but not enough, I've yet to meet agreedy cat they don't seem to eat like dogs who eat till they are sick. Mind you if he had worms that would account for something. Poor babe but lucky he's got you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #10

Such a gorgeous boy - love his eyes too!! Glad he has found such a lovely mum x