Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #11

Re: My Sal's Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
She's looking great, Kazz!

Hilary has not been on OFF for quite some time, sent her a PM but no response.
Busy with grandchild, I hope .......
Grandchild???????????????????/I have been out of touch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #12

Here you go, Kazz! Took a while to find the post.. # 5

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=3423

Catsey Veteran

17-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #13

Thanks Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #14

Sal is lovely Kazz, what a shiny coat she has. you can tell she is working so hard to watch you and keep all those toys safe
Do you stuff her Kongs ?

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Sal is lovely Kazz, what a shiny coat she has. you can tell she is working so hard to watch you and keep all those toys safe
Do you stuff her Kongs ?
On occasion but honestly not very often at all now - she adores the kong as it gives her something to "do" all Staffs are primarily chewers/gnawers and the kongs are ideal she has had the red one since she was about 12 months old, but the black is the favourite no idea why
When she was younger (older pup) I did stuff a puppy kong for her if she was going to be left alone for more than 3 hours or so, and on odd occasions when I want to keep her "otherwise ocuppied" like long car journey (Devon/Cornwall) I will when I think about it, now sometimes with a little dairylea cheese or similar meat paste or pate smeared just around the inner large lip just to "surprise her" Because they have such a keen sense of smell just a small amount can keep her attention for hours.

Do you stuff Malika's or does she have one?

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
On occasion but honestly not very often at all now - she adores the kong as it gives her something to "do" all Staffs are primarily chewers/gnawers and the kongs are ideal she has had the red one since she was about 12 months old, but the black is the favourite no idea why
When she was younger (older pup) I did stuff a puppy kong for her if she was going to be left alone for more than 3 hours or so, and on odd occasions when I want to keep her "otherwise ocuppied" like long car journey (Devon/Cornwall) I will when I think about it, now sometimes with a little dairylea cheese or similar meat paste or pate smeared just around the inner large lip just to "surprise her" Because they have such a keen sense of smell just a small amount can keep her attention for hours.

Do you stuff Malika's or does she have one?
Yes Kazz, Malaika has a Kong, she doesn't realy bother with it unless i stuff it.
I usualy do this maybe once ot twice a week. I've not been very adventurous as yet.
I usualy give her less biscuits for her meal and put them in the kong with grated cheese.
I did have a look on the kong website but so far haven't used any of the recipes.

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #17

But her breed are not chewer(bullbreeds) are they; Basenji's are primarily hunters so I would imagine she wouldlike searching sort of games like hiding something under a bucket and finding it....scenting it out.

Or am I off track?

See Staffs were bred to fight and they can't do that so tey chew kongs...well mine do

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
But her breed are not chewer(bullbreeds) are they; Basenji's are primarily hunters so I would imagine she wouldlike searching sort of games like hiding something under a bucket and finding it....scenting it out.

Or am I off track?

See Staffs were bred to fight and they can't do that so tey chew kongs...well mine do
Yes they are hunters Kazz, but they do like to chew, usualy things they shouldn't have They particularly like plastic, my last Basenji, Benji was shocking for pens, combs, spectacles, his parting shot was to chew Howard's new specs up . We once heard him chewing in the corner and discovered he's pinched my MIL false teeth out of her handbag
Malaika isn't too bad, she's only destroyed the rug
We have started leaving her out of the crate when we go out for short periods.
You are correct they do like brain games but for some reason when we hide her toys they have to be realy obvious and she needs lots of clues. Strange realy because she's so bright in other ways.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #19

Non-doggy sort of comment I expect Shelley, but could Malaika have any problems with her nose? Don't suppose so because you'd know in other ways, but your comments made me ask the question!

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Non-doggy sort of comment I expect Shelley, but could Malaika have any problems with her nose? Don't suppose so because you'd know in other ways, but your comments made me ask the question!
Good question Angie, but no she doesn't have any problem with her nose except sticking it where it shouldn't be