Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #1

Thursday Thoughts

G'morning, it's not that good weather-wise here today rather warm but very grey & cloudy, rained all day yesterday though so slight improvment. Grass growing weather so have to get some mower time soon, I think Saturday is going to be fine.

Ceri in Day Hospital today so going to retail park to buy a coat and a maxi dress. On Saturday 17th I'm off with some old friends to London to see Mamma Mia and we're going in 70's style long dresses and mad wigs Should be a laugh!

Better make a move and get himself ready. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #2

Re: Thursday Thoughts

PP hope you find a nice dress and coat. I love Maxi dresses.
Lucky you going to see mama mia, it's a great film and i imagine the show will be great fun.
Usual morning for me, quick hoover round then dog walking.
The Swan family have taken to lying all over the paths in the nature reserve recently so i walked the other way. One Signet was missing and i saw it far away from the rest.
Apparently the ranger says it likes to be alone.
Off to a friends for coffee and a chat this afternoon then hopefuly Chinese Buffet tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #3

Afternoon all, roasting here, got a fun afternoon here, my car has to go for a diagnostic check, got 2 lights up on the dash board, so its an afternoon in a smelly garage!
sotreated myself to a Strawberry tart and coffee before i go
Hope everyone is having a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #4

Hi all - it's really hot here with quite a wind, but is a lot brighter than yesterday. OH and I have had a really good time today for our R&R. We went to an Open day at the local lavender farm (pictures to come) which was just beautiful and then we went to see a sculpture of a horse's head that has been installed temporarily on The Trundle near Goodwood Race Course (more pictures to come). We ate our sandwiches up on the top of the hill and the views were panoramic - photos would not do them justice.

Just home now and about to go and make a cuppa!

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #5

Grrrrrrrrr, seems my car has a faulty sensor on the cat...as it under warrenty have to take it to Aberdeen, thats a whole day away.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #6

What a nuisance Moli - my ABH warning light has come up and I am hoping that's something wrong with the sensor. Need to get that seen to before the MOT is due. That's on my Peugeot, not our newer X-Trail.

Meant to mention - Dragon seeds have been planted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #7

Heat continues, we made 102 F yesterday. Presently30 C (86 F) and more humid, but a nice breeze, Maybe rain on Saturday, hope so as everything is parched. Been to the market, nothing special on the agenda for the day.

Leia is eating a bit picky; suppose it's the heat as she seems OK otherwise... ???

PP, hope you have a great London trip, sounds like great fun. Moli and Angie, shame about the cars. Chinese buffet sounds great, Shelley. Swan pics?

Stay cool, enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #8

sorry about your car Moli, what a pain.
Angie your day out sounds lovely, i can almost smell the lavendar from here.
Sorry Eileen didn't go near enough tothe swans to take pics.
The friend i visited today has a Persian with terribly knotted fur, my friend is disabled and can't get down on the floor to groom her .She has booked the cat in at the vets tomorrow, they are going to keep her for a day and gradualy shave off the lugs of fur. My friend is so woried because the cat is 14, they aren't going to anaethatise her.
I have suggested she gets a furminator once she's done so that she can more easily keep on top of it.

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What a nuisance Moli - my ABH warning light has come up and I am hoping that's something wrong with the sensor. Need to get that seen to before the MOT is due. That's on my Peugeot, not our newer X-Trail.

Meant to mention - Dragon seeds have been planted!
Its my XTrail that has the problem, seemingly its quite common ..its only just 2 years old tooKeep an eye on your Angie.....