Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #1

Naughty Felix!

Yesterday evening I decided to let Felix out without his harness on in the garden as he usually just rolls about and eats the grass and keeps fairly close by. It was still light but the shadows were lengthening and when I turned my back and got distracted by some weeds I turned back round and the little devil had shot though the bushes and was out on the golf course. Silly me,thought he would probably come back and called him over the hedge but nope, sat eating grass and had his back to me. I surveyed the mess that is directly at the back of my garden, before it slopes down to the lovely golf course grass,which Felix was now devouring. It s all thorns, brambles, and stinging nettles everywhere. The odd thorny bush, a few dead tree stumps, and pobably the odd adder or two. Decided to run in,grab a fork,a tin of opened food and a bag of opened iams. Shook them,banged the tin heartily, pleaded with him, no,moving steadily farther away and its now getting dark. Good job his white bits glowed in the twilight.

So,no putting it off. Wearing flipflops, a long skirt that snagged on every bramble, still holding all this food, (just in case he could be bought) I had to force my painful way through the stingers. And not fall flat on my face on the uneven -ness of it all. Grabbed him,even harder holding a wriggling humungous cat, a tin,a fork,a bag of Iams and negotiating my way back through the jungle. But I did it. Lots of swearing. Got in home, a bramble clinging to my skirt,a hole in said skirt, stung all over my poor feet, and bleeding from about eight cuts to the backs of my calves. Couold nt believe my feet were still stinging hours later in bed! I dont think I will be letting Felix out without his harness on in future. Its too bloomin painful!! Jan x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #2

Re: Naughty Felix!

Sorry to laugh but your description was so funny, I could picture you well!!

What we go through for our beloved cats!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #3

Like Mags, cannot help finding your description funny!! Bad felix, why is the grass always greener on the other side???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #4

'fraid it was the way you told it Jan! I could see it all in my mind's eye. Sorry about your cuts and stings. It was a risk too far.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #5

LOL, i'm glad all turned out well but i guess you won't be doing that again anytime soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #6

I too couldn't help but laugh at the way you described it; although it was really a scary thing to happen! No more outside without the harness for Felix! They can vanish in a nanosecond if you take your eyes off them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #7

Oh dear Jan that must have been a nightmareish and so painful experience, these things our beloved little furballs put us through, it was funny the way you described it though so I am afraid I have had a little giggle as well picturing you in all them brambles X.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #8

Love the way you tell that Jan! Glad Felix is back home safe n sound but not brilliant about the stingers. Maybe consider growing some doc leaves close by for future such events.

Good incentive to get a a bit of garden sorting done though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #9

Poor Jan! it's a wonder he's not in a rescue cattery as we speak Things we do for our mad cats! the annoying thing is he negotiated the thorns brambles and nettles without a scratch to get to the golf greens and probably would have done the same getting back home. As always its the humans who suffer!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
07-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #10

Sorry Jan... had a good laugh at your description of events... Glad you got him back ok... although if it was me i dont know what i would have done first when i caught him... cuddle him or growl!