Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-01-2023, 07:15 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Good morning ladies. Sunday evening here 6.30pm and it's been a very hot day. It's still very hot out but cats won't go out until later on, when it's cooler. I got that dreadful BP monitor off on Friday morning . It was so heavy. Haven't heard about any results yer though, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm taking medication for BP so hopefully if it's still high at times, then the meds will sort it out. At least I'm tolerating them a bit better now. it's just the metformin for diabetes that I keep gagging on.

Janna went to work today and is also working a long shift tomorrow until 7pm. I just stayed home as it was too hot to go out. I'm keeping my eye on Snoddy as I'm not sure that he's totally well at the moment. He's always had a special love for me but over the last few days ,he's become really needy. He used to sleep for much of the day but now he can't seem to sleep anywhere for long and he follows me around making his funny wee meows. He purrs like mad when I make a fuss of him, he's going to the toilet fine ,but there is something. Snoddy has never eaten much food - only cat biscuits and temptations and no wet food at all. He's not dribbling and it doesn't appear to be a bad tooth. and he goes outside happily at night , but there is something that I can't quite explain. Oh yes, Snoddy has always slept with me every night, but lately he hasn't been .He comes into the bedroom when I'm in bed ,jumps on the bed and curls up but seems frightened of something as he's looking all around with big wide eyes, then jumps down and sleeps in the lounge all night. I'll give him a few more days, then I'll take him to Michele to check him over. I know he hates the heat so it might just be that. I hope so.

Chicken satay strips for tea tonight with Brussel Sprouts and minted peas I love brussel sprouts. So does Janna ...............NOT. I always threaten to put 10 on her plate and she just about freaks out.

PAMELA,,I'm so pleased that you are both thrilled with that new TV. have you managed to get it mounted on the wall yet ? You lucky girl, having such a big TV.Ours is just a reasonable size, but not small. It's a few years old now ,so may have to replace it soon.Still, while it's going OK, I'll just leave it. AND those two 3-seaters sound fantastic. Well, I guess that's the pups taken care of. Where are the two of you going to sit, Pamela ? (Sorry, I couldn't resist that !) I hope Harris got on OK at the vet clinic the other night and he came home with all his teeth intact ! What a strange vet, suggesting things like that. when it's not even necessary. You're going to be so busy over the next month with the re papering and painting but won't it look wonderful when that job's all done and you can sit back and wait for the flooring people to get the new floor down. I hope everything goes smoothly.

SHELLEY, hope everything is going well for you ,Howard ,Chris and the pups. and you're getting through the winter with no more coughs and colds. You'll be looking forward to heading off to the van again after winter.

Well ladies, I'm off now to watch When Calls the Heart. Janna's feeding the birds outside and the cats are lying stretched out under the air con, trying to get cool. We'll take them out later after the sun goes down and the birds have gone.

Have a super Sunday, ladies, and love to all Catsey cats and dogs, Loona and Reuben included.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2023, 10:40 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

Hello ladies, not caught up properly with all the posts yet but jumping on here before another week goes by.
Things ticking along, work going well.
Malaika, and Kwame OK, she's been in season for the last month and we had to obviously keep them separated for approx 10 days.
Dad's OK apart from some virus, he's been to Dr's but apparently all tests not in yet from hospital.
She has asked him to monitor his blood pressure though.
Reuben doing OK, he was fine at dad's friends and didn't make a fuss of dad when he returned.
Dinky, hope Snoddy is OK.
Pamela, sounds like you are doing lots in your house.