Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-01-2023, 05:07 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Monday just after 4pm here and it's been a nice sunny day, warm but not too hot.Janna has been at work all day but she'll be finishing at 5pm. I planned to do some washing today, but when I was going to start the machine up, I discovered I had no laundry liquid left. Don't know how I forgot to buy that. I couldn't be bothered going out to get some, so washing is still sitting in the machine, and it's meant to rain over the next few days, so it looks as if it won't be done for at least a couple of days now. I brushed 3 of the cats today but Snoddy got so cross, I left him for tomorrow .Apart from that, I haven't done much at all. except read my book and cleaned up the kitchen, put away all the dishes and cooked some mince for tea tonight. Exciting ,I know.

No word from Paddy as yet and Brenna has heard nothing either. I really thought he was coming early January but maybe we got that wrong. Brenna's wee cat, Fiasko, has responded to the eye treatment well and her eye is a lot better Brenna has had to go back to work today and unfortunately now has to travel up to the top of the island to work at a clinic there as staff are sick with covid.She was meant to have another week off, but as she's now the boss of a lot of other clinics, she's the one responsible for staff shortages at all of them. She is so lucky that Jared is so easy going

Just went and turned the air con on as it's starting to come out really hot in the lounge here. - got it on to 17 degrees now which will cool everything down nicely. Janna can't get in to the oral surgeon until March, but she is taking pain relief regularly and that seems to be helping.I just so wish that Andrew was able to remove this last wisdom tooth, as she is really nervous about having to go to someone new.Actually the guy Janna is going to is a maxillo-facial surgeon. I don't know if that's different from an oral surgeon, but he is actually a doctor and did further training to specialize in this area. He does facial surgery at the hospitals as well and is meant to be very nice. according to his website. Probably can afford to be ,as he charges $338.00 just for an initial consultation. but that does include x-rays. Anyway, enough about me moaning on.

PAMELA, I hope the new work hours start off well for you this week. How exciting to hear all your news yesterday. Sounds as if Steven and Robyn had a super birthday. How fantastic that you're going to get that new lounge suite - what colour is it ? Also that great big television will look fantastic with the new flooring etc in the room. Your lounge will certainly look so beautiful. AND how amazing that you were able to track down Robyn's brothers and sisters as well and saw a tiny baby photo of Robyn. You must have been so proud. I'm so pleased that one of Robyn's sisters is actually in Scotland and that you are going to meet up with her and her owner. That's such a coincidence Pamela. I'm really thrilled for you and Robyn and I hope the meeting goes well.
Incidently, another coincidence - last night I was listening to the news and I heard Cumbernauld mentioned. The news reader was talking about a new rocket factory that has been built there., so I had to listen to that.

SHELLEY, I hope everything is well with you and your family. I'm sure you must be very busy at work again. I also hope that your dad is doing OK and that Chris is having success with his new treatment.

Well ladies I'm off now to await Janna's return. Hopefully she'll be able to catch a bus home OK.

Have a really great Monday everyone and a good week to follow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-01-2023, 08:22 AM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Morning ladies.
Busy weekend, on Friday I joined friends for a committee meeting and get together for our doll club and Saturday was the actual doll club meeting.
I did a talk on a particular type of doll and took examples to show.
We had a display of dolls dressed for winter or doing winter sports.
Dad's OK, he's going on holiday with a group he belongs to and says he'll see GP when back.
Pamela, I hope your new work hours go well.
Hope you had a great day for Steven and Robyns birthdays.
How lovely that you have found her siblings.
Dinky, oh dear you have been having a time of it between power cuts and dropping your phone, hope it dries out and works OK.
Must go now and get ready for work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-01-2023, 08:41 AM   #3

Re: Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,

Just heading to work on the train just now.

Dinky I’m not surprised you left Snoddy if he was getting cross. Think I would do the same!! Glad to hear Fiasko has responded well to treatment and his eye is clearing.

That’s an awful lot for an initial consultation and X-ray but I imagine he will be good at what he does!!

How strange Cumbernauld was on the news. I haven’t heard anything about the new factory but will certainly look into it!

Shelley, sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Your brace doing a talk in front of people. I couldn’t do it!! I hope your dad has a lovely time away with his friends as well.

Not much to report here. Early start for the train. Got a few things in the office I need to do already including playing about with a laptop to see if I can get it to work. Looking forward to finishing at 330pm though!

Have a great day ladies ��