Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-01-2023, 08:07 AM   #1

Stormy Saturday as well.

Good morning ladies and welcome to Saturday. It's just after 7pm here and I'll be glad when the day is over. It was VERY hot on Thursday - around 30 degrees- and I hated it. Yesterday it was a bit cooler and quite nice , then last night and all day today, we've had thunderstorms and torrential rain. No leaks though thank goodness. Then to cap it all off ,I was in bed reading a book last night and our whole neidhbourhood had a power cut. My light went out and that was the end of my reading. Janna was in the lounge watching TV and came racing in to the bedroom because she was frightened in the darkness. She lay on the bed beside me and listened to music on her phone for a few hours until everything came on again.. Evidently it was a cable fault, but it's been happening on and off all day today, only for short periods though. I just hope it doesn't happen again tonight.

That's not all that that happened ladies. Yesterday morning I was changing a bowl of cat's water when my cordless phone that was in my pocket fell into the water It was only in there for a couple of seconds, but then it wouldn't go at all. Then the computer's and Janna's mobile internet connection went dead as well, because they're both linked up to the same provider. I couldn't get a technician out until next Tuesday but my cousin came to the rescue and bought around her spare cordless phone and when it was charged up, it worked great. As soon as that was right everything, else did too. I'm trying to dry out my own handset as it's a really good phone so hopefully I can save it.If not, I'll have to buy another one.,Let's hope that tomorrow is uneventful. It will be Janna's last day off as she is working again on Monday.

PAMELA, gosh you seem to be having the same weather as I am I hope today, it's cleared up a bit for you and you don't get soaked when you're out walking. I'm so pleased that you're starting your new work hours next week. The dogs will be pleased too. I hope it all works out well. At least you'll have more time at home and that's gotta be good. Your poor neighbour - I hope nothings happened to her ,but you'd probably have heard if it had. Steven's and Robyns birthday on Sunday. I hope you've got them both something nice. You'll have to celebrate the day in some way Pamela. How about a nice meal out ?

SHELLEY, I do hope your dad managed to get in to see his own GP and his problem is now being sorted. I suppose ,like Pamela, you're now back at work too. Holiday breaks go so fast, don't they ? Hope your cough has now disappeared and that Chris' treatment is having the desired effect for him.

Well ladies, I'm off now to watch Tipping Point ,which is on shortly.

Have a good Saturday and stay warm.