Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-01-2023, 07:41 AM   #1

Monday daily

Good morning ladies, Monday 7pm here and it has been another warm day. Going to be warm tomorrow as well at 23 degrees. That I don't mind, but any hotter I don't like. Another very quiet day here. Everybody seems to be taking it easy after xmas. I did a bit around the house this morning and managed to get all my xmas presents put away finally. I also put up my new calendar for this year and paid a few bills online even though they aren't due for a couple of weeks yet. Janna took down the xmas tree and it's all packed away ready for the end of the year.The cats miss it as they loved lying behind it between the wooden base and the wall, so we left the base on the floor minus the tree and at the moment, Freddie is lying there. At least he's leaving Betsey alone . We had a very uninspiring meal of mince and veges for tea tonight. i can't eat lots of things while I'm on this medication as it can send my potassium levels soaring. I'd love a potato, but I daren't. I didn't even eat the McDonalds chips that my sister got me last night ,but the burger was lovely. I got a few new tea towels from my sister for xmas ,so I've washed them to take the stiffness out of them before I use them. That's about all my news, I think. Boy, I sure live an exciting life !!!

PAMELA,I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Glencoe and how nice that your cousin was able to join you there. it's always great to catch up. That steak pie and chips sound yummy - you lucky thing. It sounds as if you've had a good day with that new book. Don't read it all in one go. Sorry that young Robyn is still bothering wee Skye, but at least you're working on it. It would be good if she starts to fight back a bit and I'm sure she will. Bets just put up with it for ages but now she gets really angry at Freddie, so let's hope Skye will start standing her ground soon against Robyn and Harris.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry about your poor dad and I hope that he was able to be seen by a doctor quickly yesterday and not have a long wait. at the hospital. and managed to get the appropriate treatment. Thank goodness he was with friends when he collapsed and not on his own. I hope you were able to see him yesterday. Poor Reuben must be confused as well, but luckily he's being well taken care of. I've been praying special little prayers for your dad all day today, as has my sister and the prayer group and I hope by now that he is safe and well at home again.

Well ladies, I'm going to have a cup of chamomile tea now, and then see what's on TV tonight. I feel like watching something spooky.

Have a great Monday ladies and may the sun shine for you today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily

Hello,
Thank you for the prayers Dinky and the good wishes Pamela.
He's back home now.
He had to sit in A and E for just under 24hours.
After seeing the Dr he was told there could be a 43 hour wait for a bed but she wanted to admit him for observation.
However he saw the consultant who then said his last Ecg and bloods were OK and he could go home.
The only advice was to go back if it happened again.
He's done this several times but not often.
It's when he's sat eating a meal.
After googling I've found a condition were your blood pressure can drop after eating.
Advised him to discuss with GP.
He does have a pacemaker and this stopped the falling when out and about.
Had a nice walk today and met another Basenji.
Pamela, glad you had a lovely time at Glencoe with your dad and cousin.
Dinky I'm glad that naughty Frederick has been better behaved, lol.
Ps when my dad picked Reuben up he said he wasn't really bothered about him and had enjoyed his stay, lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-01-2023, 06:13 PM   #3

Re: Monday daily

Evening ladies,

Not really been up to much today, Steven wanted to watch the football so life was on hold until after that haha. Took the dogs out this morning and had a lovely walk. Home and had a fry up of sorts for breakfast then the football then shopping. Back home now and just relaxing. Also spoke to one of the neighbors who told me he heard my car being hit on christmas eve so i now know the rough time it happened. He is going to check his dash cam for me. Going to order a take away then it is onto cooking at night except for the weekend.

Dinky, sounds like you had a productive day, we were meant to be putting the christmas decorations in the loft but that hasnt happened so that is tomorrows job!!It always feels good to get bills paid or things put away.

Shelley, that is awful how long your dad had to sit in A&E. The wait times are terrible at the moment. I am glad he is feeling better though. I always love when i meet another Brittany although like you its not very often as they arent common here.

Enjoy your evening ladies