Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-12-2022, 05:13 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Good morning ladies,Friday 4.45pm here after a pleasant day - not too hot but not cold either. I had a good sleep last night and woke up feeling a bit better this morning. .The pills don't seem to be making me feel quite so sick now, thank goodness.My BP is still going really high at night though and I'm not doing anything to cause it. Today it has been normal all day, but just before ,when I took it at 4pm ,it had gone up a bit Had a bit of drama on Wednesday as we started having quakes again, centred close to here. There has been no damage but it shook me up a bit and I was terrified we might have one through the night. Luckily they stopped and although we've had a couple of smaller ones yesterday and today, I haven't felt them.

Yesterday was very hot -31 degrees - and my poor cats were terrible despite the air con being on all day and the Kool Mat. It was horrid. it cooled down in the evening and they went and lay on the grass for about an hour That's the hottest day we've had this summer (so far anyway).

My sister and Becca have gone over to Akaroa out on the peninsula for the day.Janna went to Animates to get some cat biscuits and I did some washing and got it all dry. I made a Farmhouse Casserole for tea tonight and I can smell it cooking in the oven. Yummy. Might have pears and custard to follow.

PAMELA, I hope you decided to get your Nintendo Switch the other day. and I also hope that you managed to get your car sorted out with the insurance company. It can be such a pain dealing with insurance companies sometimes. I hope it all works out well for you. Are you and Steven enjoying your holiday break ? Let's hope you're getting some nice weather and you can get outside for some nice long walks with the dogs.

SHELLEY, how lovely that you're getting some decent weather to enjoy your time off work. Hope you enjoyed a nice dog walk with the pups in the sun yesterday and that you are enjoying your break. I hope Chris got on OK at his review yesterday. You both will be pleased that's over anyway.

Well ladies, I don't have any more news. it's very quiet here at the moment.The wee birds are all lined up on the fence waiting to be fed.. I'm going to go and check my tea now. Got a xmas special of Doc Martin on TV tonight, so am looking forward to that. I can't believe it's nearly 2023. This year has just gone so fast.

Have a good Friday, ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-12-2022, 11:46 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily.

good morning ladies,

It is wet and miserable here today with the forecast much the same for the rest of the day. I am working from home and in my fleecy warm PJ bottoms siotting on the couch as i dont have project work to do and Steven is working from home just now.

I did buy the switch and love it! only got 2 games just now but they are really good.

Spoke to my insurance and the garage yesterday, my car is going into get fixed but not until the 27th March as it is still roadworthy. Although i took it out last night for the first time and it is really pulling to the left which it wasnt doing before so wont be driving it much until it is sorted. I can get it done by a garage myself but it will cost me an extra £200 excess but i might just look at getting it fixed that way.

Dinky, glad to hear you had a good night sleep, you would have needed it. Glad to hear you arent feeling sick with them now. I hope the cats are ok and managing with the heat.

Shelley, glad you are having some good weather, i hope it lasts. Did you go anywhere nice for a walk with the pups? I want to get my girls out on bigger walks after the new year as they really need it. Poor Barney is struggling with even the shorter walks now. He still isnt on any medication which is great for his age.

Have a lovely evening ladies,