Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-12-2022, 03:34 AM   #1

Christmas Eve 2022.

Good morning ladies
Well it's Christmas Eve here, just after 3pm, and a warm day ,although a risk of thunderstorms later on tonight.I've got some washing out, but am keeping an eye on the sky, as it's just about dry.Yesterday, I had a really good day, and felt a lot better. My BP had dropped to within the normal range and my heart was great -. - I'm using a home BP kit to take it now. At 12.45pm the phone rang and guess who it was - the cardiology nurse asking if i could come in at 1.45pm as they had had a cancellation. Had to get a taxi, and very heavy traffic, but we made it in time. He was running late anyway. He told me my BP and heart were fine, which I knew, and lo and behold, he's again changed my medication, put me on a new pill which I take at night and split my other medication in two, so i take a lower dosage in the morning and make up the rest of the dose in the evening. He thinks my BP spikes through the night, and he's trying to stop it.I was not keen on any more changes ,and I hope I'm OK with this new pill tonight.So far today, on the lower dosage ,my BP is higher again, but not excessively so.

Janna bought me a Queen DVD the other day - Queen live in Montreal and I've been watching that this afternoon, but I'm going out for a walk shortly, while it's still nice outside.. I've still got two cards to write in as well. Nothing much else to report, as it's been a very quiet day., apart from the guy across the road sitting outside in his front garden and playing his piano accordian. He's spanish and it sounds really good, but I'd rather have Freddie Mercury.

I'm not going to Church this evening. I feel bad about missing it, but there is so much covid around now and I think it's wise to stay away.My sister is going ,so she'll tell me all the news anyway.

PAMELA, I hope you and Steven enjoyed your day in town and you picked some nice things for your gifts. I suppose they're all wrapped up now and under the tree. Hope the dogs and cats are all doing well and you and Steven are looking forward to the 25th. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day.

SHELLEY, I hope your cough has eased a bit for you now and you're all set for Christmas day.I suppose you'll be attending a church service either tonight or tomorrow. I'll really miss going this year, but Janna and I will switch over to the Christian channel, Shine, on TV tonight and hopefully catch something good to watch.

Well ladies, I hope you both have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas Eve today and tonight. and the weather is fine for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #2

Re: Christmas Eve 2022.

Morning.
Slow start to Christmas eve, cup of tea in bed then ill get up and walk the dogs.
Another treatment appointment today for Chris so that's where we are off to.
We may take the dogs and have a quick walk on the beach after.
Had a visit from a friend last night which was nice.
Dinky, I'm glad you got to see cardio and that things are improving.
Pamela, are you all set now?
Midnight communion for me tonight, I love going to church at night, it's so beautiful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-12-2022, 07:16 PM   #3

Re: Christmas Eve 2022.

Good evening Ladies,

Been out and about today and took presents to our youngest nieces as we wont see them tomorrow. Not long home and had a take away from our favourite restaurant, seems to be a christmas eve tradition now!! Just sitting relaxing now and going to have a couple of pink gins and lemonade and watch a christmas move.

Dinky, i am glad you got to see the cardiologist even at such short notice!! Glad things are getting better with your BP as well. Must be a bit of a relief to know its settling down. I hope you and Janna have alovely christmas day, have you decided what you are doing for dinner yet? I imagine it is already christmas over there!

Shelley, how did Chris get on at his appointment? I hope all went well. DId you go for your walk on the beach? I hope you enjoy the church service tonight.

Take care ladies and have a lovely christmas day tomorrow