Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2022, 05:17 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning ladies
Thursday 4.30pm here and I just got back from my doctor's appointment. and yet another blood test. Dr Brickland is so nice - he wants to make sure my potassium and sodium levels are normal, and says to hang in there - sometimes medication can take a few weeks to kick in. I'm still nauseous but it has eased a bit today, so maybe I'm moving in the right direction - albeit slowly. My BP was still high, but it's coming down - he thinks I'm experiencing spikes in my BP and is hoping that the 24 hour BP monitor that I'm going on on the 19h January will pick that up. I honestly got more out of that young man than I ever did from the cardiologist.

I had to wait just over an hour for my blood tests today as i hadn't made a booking online like I normally do. The doctor really wanted me to have the tests today in order to get the results tomorrow, so I just sat there, along with about 12 others and waited............and waited..

Janna went to New World supermarket today and bought the only big bag of wild bird seed that there was. She also got Becca a nice pair of bikini panties in black, so they're all wrapped up now. My cousin is feeling a bit better today, but is very very tired. Her son's partner is still not feeling well and is staying in bed. Lasagne for tea tonight. I'll just have a tiny bit and I'll have lots of veges with it. I can only eat certain veges now that aren't high in potassium - no green leafy ones, potatoes, kumara or pumpkin allowed. I'll have some peas and carrots I think ,as they are allowed.

PAMELA, I hope it's not going to be so windy and dark for you today. It would have been a great day to curl up and watch the movie sequel anyway. Steven will be pleased he has now finished work and you'll be looking forward to doing some shopping in town together. At least if you choose your own gifts, you know you'll like them, but I know - it does take a bit of the excitement away if you know what they are beforehand. My presents are all in bags under the tree as well, but my cats are terrible and keep sticking their heads inside the bags and pawing at the contents all the time.. Miracle keeps chewing away at the bag handles. You're lucky that your furbabies leave them alone. Your xmas day sounds good. It'll be nice to see your dad first off and then have a nice dinner at your in-laws. You'll also be able to check up on the dogs as well., which is good. and you'll be with them and the kitties all evening. That'll be the best time of all, I'm sure.

SHELLEY, how lovely to have had a bright sunny day yesterday. I'm sure the dogs would have appreciated their walk in the sun. I'm so pleased that you're feeling a lot better now, but what a nuisance about that persistent cough. I hope it clears up quickly for you and doesn't get any worse. I hope Chris got on OK at his dermatology appointment yesterday. That's one thing out of the way before xmas anyway. I'm sorry you can't put your presents under your tree because of the pups. Willow would never leave presents alone either - she would be sitting there just quietly chewing away and she managed to destroy a number of presents over the years until I put the tree in the middle of an old wooden baby's play pen. I'd gladly let her chew anything she wanted if i could just have her back with me now., but at the time, I used to get so cross with her.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see about some tea for us.
Have a great Thursday everyone.