Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Two Gorgeous Moggies!
26-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #1

New Member Saying Hello

Hi everyone!

Just found this forum so I thought the best post to do first was an introduction

I'm Gill, married to Neil and living in Northumberland. We are owned by two beautiful girls called Chilli and Lily who have ruled our lives since being adopted two years ago Before them we did long-term fostering of old and terminally ill cats for a small local charity and found it so satisfying. The lady who runs the charity knows to call us if any oldies in need come to her notice but, for now, she hasn't had any. Our last oldie was darling Hattie who was with us for 8 pampered-and-spoilt-rotten months after three years of neglect. She passed to Rainbow Bridge in June 2015 and we still miss her funny little ways so much!!! Since 2009 we have fostered 10 cats in need and they've all been such wonderful characters - I'll tell you more about them in another post otherwise this one will be umpteen pages long!

I love all animals (tho' not quite as much as my purrfect felines obviously ) and enjoy watching birds and wildlife and would love to have another dog one day (am I allowed to mention the D Word ) but that is a dream for another day as Chilli gets incredibly stressed out around them and I won't upset her unnecessarily by bringing one home. We tried earlier this year and it really didn't work out
I also LOVE gardening and have an allotment on which I grow flowers and vegetables. I took it on in February this year and have had so much fun and learnt so much already......and cannot wait to get stuck in next year and grow even more!
I'm a huge reader and always got a book or magazine on me (currently reading Tom Cox's new book Close Encounters of the Furred Kind). I enjoy writing 'proper' letters to penfriends and have a few cat-loving friends in Australia and the USA as well as the UK. And as if I didn't have enough to keep me busy I've also recently taken up my childhood hobby of painting and sketching after a 25+ years break! I'm utter rubbish compared to how I was as a child but I find it relaxing and have two gorgeous models in Chilli and Lily....and practice WILL make perfect I'm sure

Anyway, before this turns into a book, I'll stop here and go explore the rest of the site

Gill xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
27-10-2015, 06:48 AM   #2

Re: New Member Saying Hello

Hi and welcome

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
27-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

Hello and welcome. It is lovely to hear all about your cats.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #4

Hello Gill a warm welcome to Catsey ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-10-2015, 06:10 AM   #5

Hi Gill
Welcome to Catsey, lovely to hear about your furrkids and your fostering

Some of us have both cats and dogs

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-10-2015, 07:49 AM   #6

Hi Gill, and welcome. Your two kitties sound beautiful, and you, yourself, seem to lead a very interesting life. Congratulations on all the fostering you do, and how rewarding it must be for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #7

Welcome to Catsey. There are a few of us, myself included that have a multi pet household which includes dogs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
01-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #8

Hello and welcome