Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #61

Re: What are you reading at the moment ?

Thanks for those recommendations Shelley. I am reading The Merrybegot by Julie Hearn - was a Kindle daily deal for 99p. I think it's meant to be for "young adults" but I am finding it is full of menace and quite chilling.

Have to say that ATM I have quite a few unfinished books on my Kindle. I seem to give up when I come to a bit that I think is going to be horrible to read .... getting rather squeamish in my old age and will soon have to only buy books that are pink and fluffy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Thanks for those recommendations Shelley. I am reading The Merrybegot by Julie Hearn - was a Kindle daily deal for 99p. I think it's meant to be for "young adults" but I am finding it is full of menace and quite chilling.

Have to say that ATM I have quite a few unfinished books on my Kindle. I seem to give up when I come to a bit that I think is going to be horrible to read .... getting rather squeamish in my old age and will soon have to only buy books that are pink and fluffy.
lol, Angie your comment about pink and fluffy made me giggle.
If i'm to read an animal book i check the last page to make sure everything is ok before i read it. I'm afraid if the animal doesn't survive then i don't read the book.

Yesterday when i visited the library they had a display of books wrapped in brown paper. The books were to be taken out and the title of the display was " What if you couldn't judge a book by it's cover ?" All that was written on the paper was the genre of the story. Wish i'd taken one out now, i may go back soon and get one, could be interesting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #63

i am trying to read a book about an IED finding dog in Afghan. A good book, but a hard read

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
lol, Angie your comment about pink and fluffy made me giggle.
If i'm to read an animal book i check the last page to make sure everything is ok before i read it. I'm afraid if the animal doesn't survive then i don't read the book.

Yesterday when i visited the library they had a display of books wrapped in brown paper. The books were to be taken out and the title of the display was " What if you couldn't judge a book by it's cover ?" All that was written on the paper was the genre of the story. Wish i'd taken one out now, i may go back soon and get one, could be interesting.
Shame it wasn't pink paper

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #65

I have to recommend a book I've just finished, first in the Merrily Watkins series by Phil Rickman, The Wine of Angels. First book in ages that I couldn't put down, the tension build up was huge and I stayed up on Friday night to finish it after OH had gone off to bed. And I've got a whole series to read ........

Sort of mystery with the main character a widowed young mum who is a new vicar and her daughter, both of them have psychic abilities and there's good and evil and shades in-between both real and emotional. Well written IMO with really good feeling of "place".