Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #1

Wanted - Run for Dylan

Dylan's going to be coming to my mum's house in a few weeks. We've got most of the stuff sorted already but we need a run for him to use at night (otherwise he'll be wailing at the bedroom doors all night)

Anyone got any suitable runs or advice on what run to get? It just needs to be big enough for Dylan to have a litter tray, a blanket, food bowl and water bowl in there.

I was thinking maybe this sort of thing:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...AT+-+LARGE.htm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
14-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #2

Re: Wanted - Run for Dylan

We use similar to keep cats confined on 'cage rest' at work. Some will take to it, others will spend the entire time trying to escape and become quite distressed-cue lots of mess, upturned water bowls, litter trays etc.
How long do you have until you go to stay with your mum? I think you'd need to make sure Dylan has lots of time to get used to the crate-have it up indoors, with the door open, feed him in there etc and maybe use some feliway if Dylan is susceptible to it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #3

Good advice from PL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
We use similar to keep cats confined on 'cage rest' at work. Some will take to it, others will spend the entire time trying to escape and become quite distressed-cue lots of mess, upturned water bowls, litter trays etc.
How long do you have until you go to stay with your mum? I think you'd need to make sure Dylan has lots of time to get used to the crate-have it up indoors, with the door open, feed him in there etc and maybe use some feliway if Dylan is susceptible to it.
I'm already here, Dylan will be coming after next month.

We've already found one suitable on ebay.