Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby and Moggie
12-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #1

Handmade petbeds - update!

Just a bit of an update from the work towards the beds i was making, i've had a few customised orders and they've been very popular so far! I'm really pleased with myself!

Each one has a removable cover, and both the case its self and the cover is machine washable. I can make them to specific measurements if needed otherwise tell me what breed or send photos and i can roughly estimate. I also make photo posing pillows for smaller animals, i paint on the name, or the Rattery/other name.

Here are 3 i still have made here, they are for sale, two of them you have seen before in a previous post, both were reserved but the buyers paypal account was hacked so couldnt do any transactions, so now back for sale! Most people tend to ask for beds with specific fabrics from my list with certain specs, which is why these are still here!

The Cherry Pie.
Cat/Toy dog sized. Velcro fastening, using fabric paint in irridescent gold, red felted fleece and yellow gingham. <3
This one isnt perfect on the velcro fastening annoyingly, so i'm selling it slightly cheaper for only £8.50 P+P of £3

The Fishes Wishes.
This bed is slightly larger than the Cherry Pie so may be large enough small spaniel varieties for example. Using irridescent gold fabric paint, white polar fleece, and deep turquoise fabric with little button detail fastening.
Again, this one annoyingly didn't pass my own standards, purely because of the blinking fabric paint starting to splutter during use, otherwise perfect! Selling for £12.50 with £5 P+P

The Autumns Call.
I love this bed. It is rich in colour and the thick fleece is so snuggly for its occupier! Using the thick black fleece, Mint Weave fabric, with autumns latin fabric and ribbon and button fastening. Quite luxurious! Big enough for cats and toy dogs. Selling for £16.50 and £4 P+P

If you like the shape and style of the above beds, i can take customised orders, and i can decorate with a variety of beads, ribbons, painted detail, all sorts. If you have an idea in mind, let me know it and i'll tell you if i can do it and give you an estimated price.

Choose from the following fabrics, i usually have new stuff just around the corner too, but i can never predict i'm afraid. If theres a specific color you like, i *should* be able to order it, so send me a colour sample and i'll track it down.

Unfortunately the camera i used to take the photos of the fabrics and the beds above is iffy, and those are in fact the best i could get. Meh! But it gives you a juist and most are pretty close to the actualy colour, damn the wrinkles in the fabric showing up so vividly!

Red felted fleece

Black Super fleece [the best]

White Polar Fleece [as seen in The Fishes Wishes]

Mint Weave

Picnic

Lilac Floral

Mint Floral

Stripes

Autumns Latin

Crazy Fairy

Gold and Pink Roses

Jolly Posh

Oo, i forgot, i also make hammock tubes for smaller animals! Used most often by rats, mice, chinchillas and ferrets, but i've heard of them being used by hamsters and guinea pigs also!

Simply hang them up by the tabs using garden wire/keyring loops/large paper clips/anything you happen to find that works!
I can make these in any size and length in any of the above fabrics [bar Black Fleece] ranging from £2 for a small mousey sized one to £10 for a mahoosive ferret one, P+P varies, as most people buy multiple. Can do deals on multiple hammocks

Erm, i guess you could pm me if you're interested! I'm happy to post overseas also, but i'll have to investigate weights, which i dont mind as the post office is only around the corner, i can take cheque or paypal.

Otherwise if no one is interested, at least ive shown you what i do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #2

Re: Handmade petbeds - update!

They're very attractive - if my boys were the slightest bit interested in their own beds, as opposed to sharing human ones, i would get one/two.
Anyway, my reason fpor posting is to suggest that you ask a Mod to move this to the ForSale/Wanted section. More logical place for it to be and you may get more views there, as time goes by and this post in this sub forum will sink to the bottom of the page.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #3

Wow!! Your 'business' is really taking off! I will certainly be interested at some point in the future

Catsey Junior

12-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #4

Ah yes, thank you for moving it for me, i appreciate it!

I'm glad there is appeal there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
They're very attractive - if my boys were the slightest bit interested in their own beds, as opposed to sharing human ones, i would get one/two.Anyway, my reason fpor posting is to suggest that you ask a Mod to move this to the ForSale/Wanted section. More logical place for it to be and you may get more views there, as time goes by and this post in this sub forum will sink to the bottom of the page.
LOL same here DM

Catsey Junior

12-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #6

Well one thing i have done for my dog back home is make her a cute blanket with padding, as she is always sharing the sofa, but covering it with hair. This way my mum can chuck her blanket in the wash once a week.

Because dogs chew anything 'sticky-outy' i didnt decorate it much, just used the fabrics, but stitched in her name and painted it an exotic swirly pattern around the edges.

I'll happily make these for people, so much easier to clean muddy paw prints off these than the sofa, eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #7

Can you make them ith the faux Fur?Mine love that stuff,we have a faux fur throw that goes over the bed in the winter and they love it,its away in the wardrobe at the moment but they are always waiting by the door read to jump in and lay on it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #8

They're really lovely; you have a real talent for this! I'd love to have one, but Leia won't use cat beds, she sleeps with me....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #9

They are lovely. I'm so pleased that the business is doing so well

My cats have so many beds at the moment I wouldn't know where to put another one...................but definitely in the future.

Catsey Junior

12-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #10

Glad everyone likes them! I can use faux fur easily! If you fancy it, give me a rough idea of what you want, i can have a look at prices of the materials and give you a price estimate.